300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring 2011 - TPD and UAPD hiring process

Anyone else just take the test for TPD and UAPD?

I took the written test for UAPD last week, and the one for TPD today. Just wanted to see if anyone else was goin' through the journey as well

Woo hoo! Apparently, I'm the only one! I fully expect two job offers then

Comment

In the spirit of keeping my own thread updated:

TPD: Passed the written test, physical ability test is April 29th.

UAPD: Still haven't heard back...it's been 4 weeks on Friday

Comment

I went to both.

I was the one retesting for Tuscaloosa. I ended up scoring lower than my original test, so I got pushed back on the list. That test pretty much dictates if you are going to be hired or not. I'll retest again in the Fall.

UAPD contacted me about an interview, but I'm passing because of money issues. Good luck man!

Comment

Thanks!

I went to the interview for UAPD...I should get a letter in the next 2-3 weeks, telling me what my place on the list is *crosses fingers*.

Taking the PAT for TPD in two weeks...god, this is a long process!

Comment

Originally posted by RTR
            Just wondering what the selection process is like with the UAPD? And are they hiring? Thanks
            No, they don't currently have any openings...they're just assembling a hiring list.

Still, it's worth it to put in your application...people retire all the time (hopefully)

I think they offer the written test once every six months (in January and July).

Selection process is pretty simple; written test, panel interview, notified of position on hiring list. First 15-20 people get an opportunity to take the physical abilities test. At that point, you get to wait on the list until they have an opening.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Get any info back from either agency?

I'll probably retest with Tuscaloosa again, if I don't get hired somewhere else by Fall.

Comment

Originally posted by yeowoh View Post
                Get any info back from either agency?

I'll probably retest with Tuscaloosa again, if I don't get hired somewhere else by Fall.

Any idea as to when Tuscaloosa will be giving another written test?

Comment

Sometime in September I believe. They usually do it every 6 months, and last time was in March.

Comment

The lieutenant interviewing me said that since they don't anticipate hiring very many people, they probably aren't going to give the test again until next summer.

Comment

So.....I'm starting with TPD on October 10th

Comment

Originally posted by bama_medic View Post
                        So.....I'm starting with TPD on October 10th
                        Grats! I'm about to start week 3 at NEALEA.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7090 users online. 363 members and 6727 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X