300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you stay update with AL laws?

How do you stay up to date with recent case law; state and federal? What about recent changes in AL state law? RSS feeds, websites,etc??

This brought my attention because of the new Move Over Law act. I enjoy working the interstate at my municipal police dept. The move over law is something that I took serious and enforced. However just recently, our court peoples brought to our attention of a late change with the move over law. I did research and found that it was repealed and now our department dismissing alot of move citations that were issued because of the new Move Over Act that is now in place.

I began wondering to myself the best way to stay update with these changes.

Keep an eye on the Alabama Legislature site (http://www.legislature.state.al.us) for changes as well as the news. That's how I found about the revised Move Over Act and the new Fleeing a Law Enforcement Officer code (13A-10-52). I would always get a copy of the Pocket Press books every year since they seem to be fairly up to date every year. I was told that our department won't be getting updated Title 13 books from the AG office this year, so I rely on those pocket law books quite heavily.
    "To the world, you may be one person; but to one person, you may be the world" - Unknown

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6331 users online. 337 members and 5994 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X