• Show
Clear All

• BamaCounty
    replied
    I know the feeling.

Leave a comment:

• bnp88
    replied
    Thanks for the info. sucks to hear that but cant do anything about it.

Leave a comment:

• BamaCounty
    replied
    I have heard from many trooper friends that said it will be a longg time before they will hire again. The time frame range from 2011 to 2012. All have said there will be NO class in 2010.

Leave a comment:

• bnp88
    replied
    Has anyone heard anything about when DPS was gonna start hiring again? Like many of you i took the written test for AST back in November 2008, and scored in band 1 then hit the brick wall. Just wondering and hoping its sooner than later.
    Last edited by bnp88; 11-18-2009, 03:42 PM. Reason: left out word

Leave a comment:

• parjr
    replied
    I can see 352petes point. I really wanted the State job. But reality set in after they gave me an academy date that came and went with no hires. I really wanted to get back into LE so I applied to as many good local departments I could. Tuscaloosa PD just hired me. Now if your already APOST and just want to be a Trooper then stay at it eventually they might hire. If your just starting off trying to get into LE then apply to as many department that you can find. Font put all your eggs in one basket.
    I personally applied to
    Tuscsloosa PD
    Tuscaloosa SO
    Northport PD
    Moundville PD
    University of Al PD
    UAB PD
    all of Jefferson county
    and the State
    I was tickled when TTown hired me being I live there and they do pay well for LE.

Leave a comment:

• 352 pete
    replied
    Originally posted by keith23 View Post
    uhhh so you work for TPD??
    That is negative nor do I live anywhere near T-town. Lets just say I'm speaking from experience (15-20yrs worth)

Leave a comment:

• keith23
    replied
    uhhh so you work for TPD??

Leave a comment:

• 352 pete
    replied
    Some of you here need to get back to reality.......take the GOOD jobs at TPD and other cities. There you will have a set schedule, good equipment, and time for your family.

Leave a comment:

• epd21
    replied
    Oh yeah, I also agree that this was written before the current crisis. They got WAY ahead of themselves with that 'hiring blitz' for the Mobile area, and then they had to say....."uhhhhh, just kidding". I heard that guys that received academy letters had to be told to hold off.

Leave a comment:

• ABC144
    replied
    Have you read the "Govenor's Vision 2010"? Check this out:

http://governor.alabama.gov/2010/PLAN-2010.pdf

Read page 38 and see what you think of that??
    I could be mistaken, but I think that was written before the current budget crisis.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. It's hard enough to get a State job when everything is "normal".

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• keith23
    replied
    Have you read the "Govenor's Vision 2010"? Check this out:

http://governor.alabama.gov/2010/PLAN-2010.pdf

Read page 38 and see what you think of that??

Leave a comment:

• epd21
    replied
    Yeah, you are absolutely right. Just sucks though. I guess maybe in the next few years we could see some sort of change.
    Oh, it most definitely sucks! When the State allots some new money to DPS, it will open up new opportunities for sure.

Leave a comment:

• parjr
    replied
    Congrats on TPD!

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• keith23
    replied
    Yeah, you are absolutely right. Just sucks though. I guess maybe in the next few years we could see some sort of change.

Leave a comment:

• epd21
    replied
    Originally posted by MP_Bama View Post
    Holy cow, the economy really is wrecked. I've been 'sheltered' in this whole military thing. Luckily I get to join you fellas in the job hunt thing in less than a year. Already got my options open though.
    Yes, you have been 'sheltered' but your military background still makes you a good candidate.

Keith, I honestly would not hold out any hope on AST. I was part of the 'big hiring push' for troopers to be placed in the Mobile area back in January of 2008. There were ALOT of guys there that were processed in 2 days and who were also in Band 1. Whenever they do decide to put another class together, there will be many guys in front of you.
    Last edited by epd21; 10-13-2009, 03:01 PM. Reason: add info.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5699 users online. 359 members and 5340 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X