X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keith23 View Post
    Have you read the "Govenor's Vision 2010"? Check this out:

http://governor.alabama.gov/2010/PLAN-2010.pdf

Read page 38 and see what you think of that??
    I could be mistaken, but I think that was written before the current budget crisis.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. It's hard enough to get a State job when everything is "normal".

Good luck!
    ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

Oh yeah, I also agree that this was written before the current crisis. They got WAY ahead of themselves with that 'hiring blitz' for the Mobile area, and then they had to say....."uhhhhh, just kidding". I heard that guys that received academy letters had to be told to hold off.

Comment

Some of you here need to get back to reality.......take the GOOD jobs at TPD and other cities. There you will have a set schedule, good equipment, and time for your family.

Comment

uhhh so you work for TPD??

Comment

Originally posted by keith23 View Post
            uhhh so you work for TPD??
            That is negative nor do I live anywhere near T-town. Lets just say I'm speaking from experience (15-20yrs worth)

Comment

I can see 352petes point. I really wanted the State job. But reality set in after they gave me an academy date that came and went with no hires. I really wanted to get back into LE so I applied to as many good local departments I could. Tuscaloosa PD just hired me. Now if your already APOST and just want to be a Trooper then stay at it eventually they might hire. If your just starting off trying to get into LE then apply to as many department that you can find. Font put all your eggs in one basket.
              I personally applied to
              Tuscsloosa PD
              Tuscaloosa SO
              Northport PD
              Moundville PD
              University of Al PD
              UAB PD
              all of Jefferson county
              and the State
              I was tickled when TTown hired me being I live there and they do pay well for LE.
              Roach

Comment

Has anyone heard anything about when DPS was gonna start hiring again? Like many of you i took the written test for AST back in November 2008, and scored in band 1 then hit the brick wall. Just wondering and hoping its sooner than later.
                Last edited by bnp88; 11-18-2009, 03:42 PM. Reason: left out word

Comment

I have heard from many trooper friends that said it will be a longg time before they will hire again. The time frame range from 2011 to 2012. All have said there will be NO class in 2010.

Comment

Thanks for the info. sucks to hear that but cant do anything about it.

Comment

I know the feeling.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3374 users online. 196 members and 3178 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X