300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's on the waiting list for AST?

Just wondering . . . I've seen several threads about people requesting to know more info. I took my test about two months ago and still nothing else. I got in band 1, but according to an email that I recieved, yeah, it's going to be a while.

For anyone interested . . . here is the email that I recieved:

October 06, 2009

Dear Officer,

This will acknowledge receipt of your recent inquiry regarding the position of Alabama State Trooper.

Due to the shortfall in the General Fund, dates for the next phase of the State Trooper employment process and Training Academy have not been set. You will maintain your Band 1 standing on the employment register for two (2) years and when the current economic situation improves you will receive written notification advising you when and where to report for the physical agility test; however, it will not be this year and, quite possibly, not next year either.

I hope that this information is beneficial and thank you for your continued interest in the Alabama State Troopers. If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Sincerely,

Lt. Karl Wade
    Recruiting Officer
    Alabama Department of Public Safety
    P. O. Box 1511
    Montgomery AL 36102-1511
    (334) 242-3428
    e-mail: [email protected]
    Last edited by keith23; 10-12-2009, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Basically sounds like you wasted a few hours of your life.

Comment

In the same boat here. Band 1, but that will expire next month. Pretty ghetto how the eligibility only lasts for 2 years. Passed every phase up to the background investigation (which I also passed). Then, they instituted the hiring freeze. Oh well, I'm not waiting on them. Very close to getting hired up in PA.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you guys except for State Marine Police. I thought I was going to the Academy in Jan but never received the letter. I've been through the complete process. After my final interview I was told a start date, then the hiring freeze. My 2 yrs will be up in April. Really bogus the way that works.
          Roach

Comment

Dang, you guys made it alot further than I did in the hiring process. I have been looking forward with getting hired for sometime now. So I guess it just the waiting game with AST.

Comment

parjr, did you make is on with the marine police??

Comment

Originally posted by keith23 View Post
                parjr, did you make is on with the marine police??

Nope. City of Tuscaloosa hired me. I figured being X Coastie LE I'd get Marine Police. I start TPD in 2 wks.
                Roach

Comment

Holy cow, the economy really is wrecked. I've been 'sheltered' in this whole military thing. Luckily I get to join you fellas in the job hunt thing in less than a year. Already got my options open though.

Comment

Originally posted by parjr View Post
                    Nope. City of Tuscaloosa hired me. I figured being X Coastie LE I'd get Marine Police. I start TPD in 2 wks.
                    Congrats on TPD!

Comment

Originally posted by MP_Bama View Post
                      Holy cow, the economy really is wrecked. I've been 'sheltered' in this whole military thing. Luckily I get to join you fellas in the job hunt thing in less than a year. Already got my options open though.
                      Yes, you have been 'sheltered' but your military background still makes you a good candidate.

Keith, I honestly would not hold out any hope on AST. I was part of the 'big hiring push' for troopers to be placed in the Mobile area back in January of 2008. There were ALOT of guys there that were processed in 2 days and who were also in Band 1. Whenever they do decide to put another class together, there will be many guys in front of you.
                      Last edited by epd21; 10-13-2009, 03:01 PM. Reason: add info.

Comment

Yeah, you are absolutely right. Just sucks though. I guess maybe in the next few years we could see some sort of change.

Comment

Congrats on TPD!

Thanks
                          Roach

Comment

Yeah, you are absolutely right. Just sucks though. I guess maybe in the next few years we could see some sort of change.
                            Oh, it most definitely sucks! When the State allots some new money to DPS, it will open up new opportunities for sure.

Comment

Have you read the "Govenor's Vision 2010"? Check this out:

http://governor.alabama.gov/2010/PLAN-2010.pdf

Read page 38 and see what you think of that??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3903 users online. 290 members and 3613 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X