300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee County or surrounding agencies

I posted here a couple months ago about Chambers County but have since reconsidered after talking to a few family and friends. This is not to say that I wouldn't mind working for them, but I wouldn't mind having my options open considering the huge transition my family and me will be making.

Since my last post, enough time has elapsed that I now feel comfortable about applying as much as needed. I am currently less than 365 days from ETS.

I'm just looking for as much information you guys have available for Chambers SO, Lee SO, or even Opelika PD (or other local PDs) such as starting salary, contacts to help the hiring process, politics of the department, etc. I understand that some SO's would want pre-certified officers first but maybe I could catch a break.

I am actually looking at Lee county as well.

Lee Co SO
    Auburn PD (Does Campus too)
    Opelika PD
    Phenix City PD

None seem to require already POST - Phenix and Opelika are accepting applications currently.

Anywhere smaller may not support their own PD. Or they pay the same as McDonalds.
    Last edited by DJKAHUNA; 10-06-2009, 01:25 PM.
    Graduate of Athens Regional Police Academy - 235th BLETC

Comment

I just checked out the Phenix City website. From the Employment section on the site:

"Live within the local calling area of the Phenix City Police Department and have a minimum response time of 15 minutes."

I won't exactly be in the local calling area for sure, but the second part is worded awkward. I'm assuming they mean a maximum of 15 minute response time, which I'd be outside of as well. I wonder if they make exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by MP_Bama View Post
        I won't exactly be in the local calling area for sure, but the second part is worded awkward. I'm assuming they mean a maximum of 15 minute response time, which I'd be outside of as well. I wonder if they make exceptions.
        Call em - worst thing that can happen is a getting a "no".

Comment

I'm with Opelika PD. What questions do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by keith23 View Post
            I'm with Opelika PD. What questions do you have?
            Are they Hiring?
            Do they take care of their officers?
            How is morale?
            Do they pay well?
            Are you happy where you are?

Comment

pm sent . . .

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6105 users online. 367 members and 5738 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X