Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stillamarine
    replied
    Agreed East has gotten busy. But talking to my classmates after we got off the car it seemed like I had been exposed to more at West than those East. Or South or North for that matter. But it don't matter, you stay anywhere in BPD long enough you will see enough to last a lifetime.

Leave a comment:

• CSIBPD
    replied
    Originally posted by stillamarine View Post
    Bama, You will learn more in your first couple weeks at West than you might at other precincts. I got my first Signal 9 in my first hour of my first day. Got my first foot chase and first 35 Foxtrot on my 3rd day. West Evenings Shift is the place to be!

Remember keep your academic average up and you can have a good chance of getting what you want.

Not true...East is the new West and has just as many calls, part 1s, etc. Ever since they closed alot of the projects west/north and sent them all east, east has been off the chain and has FEWER beats/cars available.

Been that way for a while now.

Leave a comment:

• 352 pete
    replied
    Originally posted by stillamarine View Post
    Come on. We'll be glad to have the help. We've been running ragged out of West Precinct, of course we don't have enough cars to fill all the beats though.
    Talking about short handed and run hard..............try working with DPS/AST.

Leave a comment:

• BamaCounty
    replied
    Be careful what you looking for Bama.

Leave a comment:

• Bama CO1
    replied
    That's what I'm looking for! Action and adrenaline! I've heard that West Precinct has it all. I'm looking forward to graduation. 10 weeks down and only 10 more weeks to go!
    Last edited by Bama CO1; 10-03-2009, 05:34 PM. Reason: N/A

Leave a comment:

• stillamarine
    replied
    Bama, You will learn more in your first couple weeks at West than you might at other precincts. I got my first Signal 9 in my first hour of my first day. Got my first foot chase and first 35 Foxtrot on my 3rd day. West Evenings Shift is the place to be!

Remember keep your academic average up and you can have a good chance of getting what you want.

Leave a comment:

• Bama CO1
    replied
    Hey stillamarine,

I hope to go to West Precinct after graduation. I hear it's wide open over there. Maybe we'll get to work together.

Leave a comment:

• stillamarine
    replied
    Come on. We'll be glad to have the help. We've been running ragged out of West Precinct, of course we don't have enough cars to fill all the beats though.

Leave a comment:

• 95gtman
    replied
    Yup I am not one of the affected 51, but I will be transfering to BPD.

Leave a comment:

• stillamarine
    started a topic Attn: Jefferson Co AL Sheriff's Deputies

Attn: Jefferson Co AL Sheriff's Deputies

The Birmingham PD Hiring Unit will be in the Sheriff's training room September 30 from 10-3 to discuss transfer opportunities for anyone interested. Sheriff Hale is also exploring other transfer options for the personnel affected. If you have... an interest or question please contact Internal Affairs. 205-325-5709

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1799 users online. 110 members and 1689 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X