300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conservation Enforcement Officer

Anybody know how many Conservation Enforcement Officers the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources is going to hire this year or next? I'm scheduled to take the written exam this Saturday, and was curious of what my chances might be of getting hired within the next 12 months.
    Birmingham PD

Magic City... Here I come!!!!!
    Academy Starts 8/3/09!!!!!

I've heard 24 officers are needed to fulfill the 2 per county. They are also testing for area Sergeants and assistant chiefs so that 24 could go up.
    I was placed on the register in Band 1 in April. I haven't received anything else since my score.
    Its a long drawn out process. I was also told that it take around 6 months just to receive the background packet. I'm going on 6 months now so maybe I'll hear something soon.
    Theres also another guy that said he was # 633 on the register so theres been alot of applicants, atleast 633 and they are testing again 13th of this month (guess thats when your testing). Let us know how many are testing with you and where your at on the register. So we can try to keep up with it. Also takes about 4 wks to get your score. Test is pretty easy, math, english/grammar, map reading and general what would you do questions.
    Good luck and as for being hired in 12 months dont I wish.
    Last edited by parjr; 09-07-2008, 05:42 PM.
    Roach

Comment

Bama CO1
      How did the test go? How many people were testing with you?
      Roach

Comment

I took the test along, with about six others in Florence. I bought the Arco civil service exam book, and it helped alot.

Comment

There were 18 others there taking the test with me. It was a fairly simple test. I should get my results back by the end of the month. After that comes the waiting game. I'm scheduled to take the physical ability test for Tuscaloosa P.D. October 3rd too. Hopefully they'll make me an offer this year. I'll keep everyone posted.
          Birmingham PD

Comment

Bama CO1 Guess I'll see you at T town PD on the 3rd I'm scheduled for the PAT then too.
            Conservation is what I really want, but I'll take another department if one comes up first.
            Roach

Comment

That's great. I hear TPD is going to hire 5-15 officers by the end of the year, so maybe we'll be working together. I'm the opposite of you, I'd prefer TPD, but would definitely choose Conservation Enforcement if they made me an offer. See you on the 3rd.
              Birmingham PD

Comment

I looked on the State Personnel standings and it has me 1. How do I look to see how far down the line I am?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Triad View Post
                  I looked on the State Personnel standings and it has me 1. How do I look to see how far down the line I am?

Thanks
                  You are in Band 1 along with who knows how many. I am in band one also. Another words a few (maybe 2 maybe 200) are tied for number 1. I have been in band one since the end of April and haven't heard back anything yet. I was told it takes around 6 months just to receive the background packet. End of this month will be 6 months. When did you receive your scores?

Bama CO1

Did you take your PAT for TPD Friday? I did kinda forgot to ask who you were. Also did you get a new written test study booklet from TPD and a letter saying that you had to retest? A revised version? I received it in the mail today. Two test dates one in Nov and the other in Dec? Kinda weird that I already passed the written and passed the PAT and now I'm having to retake the written, a revised test. Wasn't like it was a hard test. Well heck, maybe I'll score higher this time and up the chance of being hired.
                  Last edited by parjr; 10-06-2008, 10:12 PM.
                  Roach

Comment

According to State Personnel, the list for Band 1 is fairly large.

Comment

Originally posted by Triad View Post
                      According to State Personnel, the list for Band 1 is fairly large.

Well, welcome to Band 1. Hopefully I'll hear something soon. Going on 6 months since placed in Band 1.
                      Roach

Comment

Originally posted by parjr View Post
                        You are in Band 1 along with who knows how many. I am in band one also. Another words a few (maybe 2 maybe 200) are tied for number 1. I have been in band one since the end of April and haven't heard back anything yet. I was told it takes around 6 months just to receive the background packet. End of this month will be 6 months. When did you receive your scores?

Bama CO1

Did you take your PAT for TPD Friday? I did kinda forgot to ask who you were. Also did you get a new written test study booklet from TPD and a letter saying that you had to retest? A revised version? I received it in the mail today. Two test dates one in Nov and the other in Dec? Kinda weird that I already passed the written and passed the PAT and now I'm having to retake the written, a revised test. Wasn't like it was a hard test. Well heck, maybe I'll score higher this time and up the chance of being hired.

I forgot to ask who you were too. No hard feelings there. I did get that letter. I'm going to go ahead and take it in November. I think it's ridiculous that we have to retest when we passed the last one. I can't make sense of it. It seems like they would've had that squared away before we tested last month. I think if we have to take the new test then every Officer at TPD should be required to as well. Anyway, enough of my ranting. I'll be there bright and early in November. By the way, have you gotten your phone call to set up your interview?
                        Birmingham PD

Comment

No interview phone call yet. Did you get one?

I'm also testing again in Nov.
                          Roach

Comment

I haven't got mine yet either. I thinkwe should get the call next week. I was the guy with the shaved head wearing the grey Auburn shirt by the way.
                            Birmingham PD

Comment

Heck don't remember you. I was the old short fat guy.
                              How did you do on the run and course? I ran a 13:27 and :53 on the course.
                              Roach

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5620 users online. 344 members and 5276 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X