No announcement yet.



300x250 Mobile

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rcmp

    What all would be involved in a US cert. police officer who wanted to join the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police)?
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

    I Am the Sheepdog.

    "And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks


  • #2
    Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
    What all would be involved in a US cert. police officer who wanted to join the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police)?
    Canadian Citizenship


    • #3
      Check out http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca. However, airlinerd is correct in that you would have to attain Canadian citizenship first. Given how long that would take, most likely you would have to do the whole 24 weeks of Basic Training, followed by the 6 months of Field Training. I believe our current patch-over program is ONLY for Canadian LEO/PO.

      You DO know that the very FIRST thing that ANYONE wanting to join the RCMP must reconcile within themselves is the requirement that our members MUST be transferred frequently during our career?

      PM or eMail me with your real name and Agency info and we can talk further about this.
      #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
      Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
      RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
      Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
      "Smile" - no!


      • #4

        Just a reminder. Section 349 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1481), states that U.S. citizens are subject to loss of citizenship if they perform certain specified acts such as:

        1. Obtaining naturalization in a foreign state (Sec. 349 (a) (1) INA);

        2. Accepting employment with a foreign government if (a) one has the nationality of that foreign state or (b) an oath or declaration of allegiance is required in accepting the position (Sec. 349 (a) (4) INA).

        So, if you obtain Canadian citizenship and join the mounties, you could very well lose your US citizenship.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere


        MR300x250 Tablet


        What's Going On


        There are currently 5175 users online. 310 members and 4865 guests.

        Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

        Welcome Ad