Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking donated used police equipments for a small police department on Yap Island

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking donated used police equipments for a small police department on Yap Island

I am currently seeking donated police equipments such as batons, handcuffs, maces, and duty belts for small police department on the island of Yap in Micronesia. If you should know of any law enforcement agency which may be willing the donate any used police equipments for our small police department in Micornesia then please do let me know.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support. Please email me at [email protected].

Mr. Leo Yinug-Police Captain

Have you tried the International Police Agency yet ?

Comment

WARNING FOR U.S.OFFICERS:
      Do not export any of this equipment directly. Most of it requires an export permit from the Dept of State, licensing, shippers export declarations, etc. Exporting without licensing is a Federal Felony.

Yapislandcop, I would like to see you get what you need, but I also don't want any U.S. officers to go to prison. Who represents Yap in the U.S. - is there an embassy or consulate?

Edited to add: Your embassy should contact the State Department to see about getting police equipment.
      Last edited by Sleuth; 03-04-2008, 07:28 PM.
      "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
      John Stuart Mill

Comment

+1 to what Sleuth said. A few years ago Galls got nailed by the Feds for the same thing.

http://www.officer.com/article/artic...&siteSection=1

Warrant: Kentucky Police-Equipment Business Improperly Exported Goods

Posted: Friday, July 23, 2004
        Updated: July 24th, 2004 01:17 PM EDT

MURRAY EVANS
        Associated Press

LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) -- A Lexington company that supplies military and police equipment worldwide routinely failed to obtain proper export licenses before sending goods overseas, according to a federal search warrant unsealed Friday.

On several occasions, Galls Inc. exported crime-control equipment such as handcuffs and helmets using the same, invalid license number, according to an affidavit filed in U.S. District Court July 15 by Special Agent Steven Fisher of the U.S. Department of Commerce.

Michelle Davidson, a spokeswoman for Aramark Corp., Galls' parent company, said Aramark received the affidavit Friday.

``We're continuing to cooperate with the investigation,'' Davidson said. ``We continue to be in full operation, fulfilling and shipping customer orders. We are reviewing our current policies and procedures to ensure full compliance with all relevant export laws.''

Agents from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement at the Department of Homeland Security, criminal investigators from the Commerce Department Bureau of Industry and Security and agents from the Defense Department Criminal Investigative Service served the search warrant at Galls' headquarters and warehouse locations in Lexington on Wednesday morning.

Fisher's affidavit said several shipments of handcuffs to customers in countries including Jordan, Japan, Denmark and Zambia either did not have the correct license or used invalid license numbers. The affidavit also said licenses to ship 72 police helmets to an address in Kuwait and a sound-enhancing device to Azerbaijan were not obtained.

Fisher said in the court papers that Galls also exported items to an address in Macedonia that were paid for by a man who had had his export privileges denied by a federal court.

According to another affidavit unsealed Friday, three invoices with items going to Iraq were among the items seized by federal agents at the company's warehouse. The affidavit did not reveal the contents of those invoices.

Other items seized Wednesday included shipping documents, international shipping logs, an export license rejection notice, international correspondence, an export compliance manual, lists of the company's international contacts and customer lists, export invoices for ballistic vests and computer data.

According to its Web site, Galls is the world's largest mail-order supplier of uniforms and equipment to public safety professionals. Employees at the company's headquarters and warehouse locations returned to work Thursday.

Aramark is best known for its food service. The company is partnering with a Greek hospitality company to feed some 10,500 athletes at the upcoming Summer Olympics in Athens.

Aramark shares fell 3 cents to close at $27.42 Friday on the New York Stock Exchange.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

The US has a Free Association with the Federated States of Micronesia. It was once a territory of the US. I think that all export customs would still apply, but I know that they still do enjoy some "domestic" type assistance. I would be sure to research before I sent anything.
          That's what they do, it's a trailer park.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6238 users online. 353 members and 5885 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X