300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niagra falls Canada--Weapon-LEO

I will be traveling for a week and plan on making a pit stop in Niagra Falls Canada. We may or may not stay in Niagra Falls, NY and I was wanting to see about the firearm issue. I may just be an idiot, but I am pretty sure I can not take it into Canada even if it's locked in my trunk, right? More than likely we will get a hotel room in NY and I will leave it there before we cross the border. Also, I do not have my kids Birth Certificate back yet, he is only 8 mnths old, will this be an issue to cross?
    DISCLAIMER: All opinions are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of my agency.

Kycop,

Check out this thread:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...arrying+canada

Feel free to cross the border, but please leave your gun in the US. Even with your badge, getting caught with a gun in the trunk is a good way to ruin your vacation.

FYI, CBP on the US side at Buffalo and Niagara Falls used to secure firearms for LEOs. Don't know if they still do that....

As for your little one, if your hospital gave you something in lieu of a birth certificate, that should suffice. Birth certificates are a good idea for any other little ones.

Enjoy your vacation and stay safe.
    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."
    - Edmund Burke

Comment

Thanks, I will have to look into if they can secure it or if we get a room I will keep it there.
      Stay Safe
      Ps, I copied that link and got nothing.
      Last edited by Kycop28; 06-11-2007, 08:53 PM.
      DISCLAIMER: All opinions are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of my agency.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2943 users online. 137 members and 2806 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X