300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S cop visiting Canada

U.S cops going to Toronto. I have been to some South American Countrys where I dont take my bagde just my ID buried deep in my wallet.

Is it okay to carry my badge in my wallet in Canada? Iam not planning on taking any action I dont care what is going on, I will be a great witness.

If I made it to a local police station would they trade patches?

Yeah, hopefully we're a little more US LEO-friendly than some South American countries.

You should have no problems carrying your badge, just make sure you leave your chunk at home. Check your PM with regard to local PD (TPS) and swapping patches. Enjoy your trip.
    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."
    - Edmund Burke

Comment

I go to Toronto a lot, and I always take my badge.

Though I have never used it, a Mountie I met at a wedding assured me that it is a good credential to have.
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

I travel into New Brunswick fairly often and Quebec occasionally and I take advantage of the courtesy lock boxes at the US border stations to stow my gun, knife, ammo, badge, etc. before I cross the border. I always keep my ID with me but leave the other stuff behind. When I come back I just stop in and pick up my goodies.

I suggest you call and check with the station where you cross to make sure that they have lock boxes available but I think it is a courtesy that they all offer.

Comment

Absolutely bring your badge and ID. You will have no problems. Bringing patches to trade is a great idea. You actually should have your badge and ID along with you to do that as some are reluctant to trade when they aren't sure they are going to another cop.

If you don't know much about Toronto, there are several other police forces that cover the suburbs as well as the Ontario Provincial Police on the highways. You might even run into some Mounties like me, who do FBI/ATF/Secret Service type stuff in the Toronto area!

Comment

To heck with Ontario, LATIN COP - come out here, and you can take a tour of Depot and see where KL and I spent 6 months of our lives learning how to not get into trouble with the Sargeant Major!
            #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
            Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
            RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
            Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
            "Smile" - no!

Comment

Why would it even be a question as to whether you can carry your badge or not? I understand the gun but of course you can carry your badge.
              Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

As far as why I would ask if I could carry my badge, is because in some countrys you cant posses it. Its not a ligit I.D in some countrys.

I just got back from Canada I love it, all the cops I met were very nice. To my surprise even the female cops were very nice. I cant belive I forgot to pack my dept patches. As far as what the cops told me Toronto is getting very dangerous and alot of people have guns reminded me of back home. I went out to Richmound St I was suprised to see no off duty cops on the streets just at one club there were a group of cops. I must of seen 3 fights in less then an hour on the streets. Toronto seems expensive too many taxes.

But I would love to go back to Toronto again very nice city.

Comment

Originally posted by LATIN COP View Post
                  As far as why I would ask if I could carry my badge, is because in some countrys you cant posses it. Its not a ligit I.D in some countrys.

I just got back from Canada I love it, all the cops I met were very nice. To my surprise even the female cops were very nice. I cant belive I forgot to pack my dept patches. As far as what the cops told me Toronto is getting very dangerous and alot of people have guns reminded me of back home. I went out to Richmound St I was suprised to see no off duty cops on the streets just at one club there were a group of cops. I must of seen 3 fights in less then an hour on the streets. Toronto seems expensive too many taxes.

But I would love to go back to Toronto again very nice city.
                  Toronto - phhhhtttttt! Come out to Regina - clean, safe, low-cost.
                  #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                  Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                  RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                  Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                  "Smile" - no!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteBroccolo View Post
                    Toronto - phhhhtttttt! Come out to Regina - clean, safe, low-cost.
                    oh....and B-O-R-I-N-G!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5872 users online. 321 members and 5551 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X