Originally posted by JohnKelly View Post

Enjoy the experience.

Cheers.
    Don't worry. If I make it to Australia I'll bring you a coin or three

Leave a comment:

• JohnKelly
    replied
    Originally posted by Florida Smokey View Post

With any luck, Iceland in June. And mainland Europe in the Fall. Just haven't hammered out all the details yet.
    Enjoy the experience.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Florida Smokey
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnKelly View Post

Where are you heading?
    With any luck, Iceland in June. And mainland Europe in the Fall. Just haven't hammered out all the details yet.

Leave a comment:

• JohnKelly
    replied
    Originally posted by Florida Smokey View Post
    Interesting. I was just going to start a thread about this topic, but it already exists. This is good info to have. I've got some International travel scheduled as soon as this Covid thing blows over. I'll make sure to bring some coins with me.
    Where are you heading?

Leave a comment:

• mih pihsrow
    replied
    heck yeah man. i literally keep coins in my personal car so when we leave for out of town i have some just in case. had to go to DC back in May for the Civil Unrest and traded a lot while i was there.

Leave a comment:

• Florida Smokey
    replied
    Interesting. I was just going to start a thread about this topic, but it already exists. This is good info to have. I've got some International travel scheduled as soon as this Covid thing blows over. I'll make sure to bring some coins with me.

Leave a comment:

• mih pihsrow
    replied
    My agency doesn't really have patches but we do have a metric crap ton of challenge coins.

Leave a comment:

• JohnKelly
    replied
    Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
    I exchanged patches in France, Italy, Germany, Austria, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and the Isle of Man.

We did not make any attempts to exchange patches in Liechtenstein or Switzerland, due to time constraints.

And yes, it seems like everywhere we go in the world, there is someone that wants to exchange patches.
    Yes indeed, on a tour with the International Police Association I recall visiting a pub in Doolin on the west coast of Ireland and the complete bar area was covered in police patches from around the world.

https://doolin.ie/about-doolin/

Leave a comment:

• L-1
    replied
    I usually give a challenge coin to the customs officer when traveling between countries. I was amazed at how many have their own coins with them and give one back.

As a side note, has anyone seen the swearing trooper/meltdown challenge coin from Connecticut? It commemorates a Trooper who had a most colorful meltdown with a driver who pushed his buttons and said things many cops would love to enunciate in similar circumstances. The driver videoed him, got a copy of the Trooper's dashcam, combined the two, posted them on the internet and filed a complaint. The matter made the news and the Trooper was disciplined. The trooper's response was that he only had a few more months until retirement and didn't give a dam*.

In any case, I have a few of those coins for sale $15, shipping included. PM If interested.

https://ibb.co/Tgq7kzB

Meltdown recordings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5NvP1pFDRk&t=81s

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    replied
    I exchanged patches in France, Italy, Germany, Austria, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and the Isle of Man.

We did not make any attempts to exchange patches in Liechtenstein or Switzerland, due to time constraints.

And yes, it seems like everywhere we go in the world, there is someone that wants to exchange patches.

Leave a comment:

• Kraut0783
    replied
    Yep, I have exchanged challenge coins with Australia, Ireland and Germany LEO and Intel agencies...US coins (Federal and local) are very popular in other countries. When I travel internationally, I always bring patches and coins....it's really a brotherhood/sisterhood across the world.

Leave a comment:

• mih pihsrow
    started a topic International challenge coins?

International challenge coins?

Do international (outside the US) LEOs collect challenge coins? I know the challenge coin originated with the US military but I was just curious.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6402 users online. 362 members and 6040 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X