300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mohamed Noor-Fatal Shooting

This is international because the allegation was that he shot an Australian.

There are no winner's here,

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-...zczyk/11184162

and is there a problem with US police culture?,

"Judge Kathryn Quaintance said the jury members who convicted Noor had asked when US police culture would change."

"Will there be changes? Change is needed," she said.

Comments from serving or retired police officers only, please.
    Last edited by JohnKelly; 06-08-2019, 02:43 AM.

How about not hiring complete idiots due to political correctness..? Noor should NEVER have worn a badge.
    Last edited by CCCSD; 06-08-2019, 01:28 PM.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

In order to answer that, I would need to know what exactly the jury member(s) mean when they refer to "US police culture". The chances are, they really mean "Minneapolis Police culture" since this incident happened in Minneapolis MN. Still, I would need to know exactly what they mean by that.

The other thing you probably should know about the United States is that the news media greatly influences the opinions of those consumers of that media. Since the incident in Ferguson MO, there has been an even greater scrutiny of law enforcement in America by the news media. As a result, some members of the public fear the police here. Higher ratings equal more money in the news business. So, if you can increase the fear of the public by carrying stories that scare them, it equals more money for the news media business.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim1648 View Post
        The other thing you probably should know about the United States is that the news media greatly influences the opinions of those consumers of that media. Since the incident in Ferguson MO, there has been an even greater scrutiny of law enforcement in America by the news media.
        Normally I would agree with this statement. However, the individual in question barely even made news headlines. I think I maybe saw 1 to 2 segments that were touching on the Mohamed Noor shooting case.

Comment

Originally posted by Levithane View Post

Normally I would agree with this statement. However, the individual in question barely even made news headlines. I think I maybe saw 1 to 2 segments that were touching on the Mohamed Noor shooting case.
          That’s because it doesn’t fit the narrative. This one was a bad shooting, and it wasn’t really covered. Yeah they ran a few stories, but then it had run it’s course.

Ferguson though, that was a justifiable shoot, and look at the coverage!

Why? Narrative.

The biggest factors fueling this division between police and the public are: 1. The media; and 2. The inability to have real, hard conversations about the roots of the problem.
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
            How about not hiring complete idiots due to political correctness..? Noor should NEVER have worn a badge.
            Bingo! This is the biggest problem with US police culture.
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

JohnKelly, do you have the whole political correctness issue there or is that exclusive to the United States?

Comment

They do. England has gone full retard. Look up the latest from the MoD about what is a Right Wing threat. There’s even a poster. England has kowtowed to the masses so badly that there is no more England as we knew it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim1648 View Post
                  JohnKelly, do you have the whole political correctness issue there or is that exclusive to the United States?
                  Yes Jim, Australia has its fair dose of PC but probably not as bad as the United States or the United Kingdom but we are slowly but surely getting there in all walks of life.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                    England has gone full retard
                    A Somali-American shoots a dual US-Australian citizen dead in the US and this is old England's fault? Seems harsh.

Look up the latest from the MoD about what is a Right Wing threat. There’s even a poster
                    I hadn't seen this until I read the post. Typical large organisation "Quick, let's react to criticism by throwing up some ideas on a white board and calling that a policy initiative". The so called insights into Right Wing Extremism verge on Monty Python. I mean some of the advice is along the lines "He may be a Nazi if he is a member of the Nazi Party, wears a swastika armband and sports a toothbrush moustache"; other signs are basically "Communicates with like minded people" and "Uses overblown and intemperate language when talking about people he disagrees with" which would include, well, pretty much everyone on the Internet.

I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh, I'm a geezer.

Comment

Hence my post. Seems that “We are better” attitude because we aren’t American cops is alive and well...

Comment

Originally posted by Cockney Corner. View Post

A Somali-American shoots a dual US-Australian citizen dead in the US and this is old England's fault? Seems harsh....
                        I'm also wondering how the topic ended up in England.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7982 users online. 451 members and 7531 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X