Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's an average day like for a non-US officer?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's an average day like for a non-US officer?

I recently met someone here in the US who used to be a cop in Greece for over 20 years. I found myself semi-fascinated with both the similarities and differences in the day-to-day activities.

If you're an officer outside the US, would you share what an average day on the job is like? Also, if you're familiar with how US cops do the job, what you see as the significant differences? (I imagine firearms could be a common theme)

And, no disrespect to those in Canada, the UK, or Australia, I'm personally more familiar with how things are done there. I'd be really interested in other areas of the world.

Same everywhere, same crap, different accent.

Comment

Originally posted by orangebottle View Post
      And, no disrespect to those in Canada, the UK, or Australia, I'm personally more familiar with how things are done there. I'd be really interested in other areas of the world.
      Impressive. I'm often quite surprised how things are done just over county borders here in England, and would frankly be guessing how things are done 350 miles away in Scotland. And you are pretty familiar with how things are also done all across the world's second and sixth biggest countries. I tip my hat to you.
      Last edited by Cockney Corner.; 01-13-2019, 05:31 PM.
      I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh, I'm a geezer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockney Corner. View Post
        Impressive. I'm often quite surprised how things are done just over county borders here in England, and would frankly be guessing how things are done 350 miles away in Scotland. And you are pretty familiar with how things are also done all across the world's second and sixth biggest countries. I tip my hat to you.
        Easy there, Constable.

What I didn't take the time to type is that members of those countries' forces pretty frequently visit and post on these forums, and I've enjoyed reading about their work when they do. I was hoping to hear from some countries that are featured less often.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9839 users online. 332 members and 9507 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X