300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK police officers

I have friends from the UK that live here in the states, they keep telling me that the UK has speed camras. Is it true that there are speed camras instead of you guys pulling them over for speeding? and do you guys ever pull over anyone?

We have speed cameras and officers will also pull you for speeding - the cameras aren't so great for people who don't register cars in their names.
    I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh, I'm a geezer.

Comment

Oh ok. Just wondering if it was true or not. Thank you for your reply.

Comment

Not only do we have speed cameras there are also cameras and traffic lights to catch people running a light, cameras in buses to catch people driving in bus lanes, bus lane cameras, box junction cameras.....we are the most CCTV'd country in the world. Of course as Cockney said, if you dont register your car you cant get a ticket and the cameras have replaced a lot of traffffic cops and the others are so busy theres no one left to catch the crocks, the cameras jsu screw evry last penny out of normal motorists. Most of those tickest also invove a 3 point penalty and 12 points gets you disqualified.

Comment

I remember driving in England when I was living in The Netherlands, and the speed limit I think was like 70, everyone was doing like 90 seen a cop slowed back down to like 80, then they were off to like like 100mph no joke! But I remember seeing speed camera box's and they were sticking out like a sore thumb. But all the European countries are pretty hardcore about speedcameras either posted in a box or in a car on side of the road, they seem kinda useless to me if you know the area. You UK cops have some cool cars like them BMWs and them volvos! Anywho

Comment

Originally posted by Mejo83
            But I remember seeing speed camera box's and they were sticking out like a sore thumb. But all the European countries are pretty hardcore about speedcameras either posted in a box or in a car on side of the road, they seem kinda useless to me if you know the area. You UK cops have some cool cars like them BMWs and them volvos!
            Speed cameras are a way of making money. Simple as that. The worst drivers, the people who drive uninsured and disqualified, don't register their cars. Only way we catch them is by pulling them over. However, in my area at least, Traffic is being run into the ground, the odds are substantially in your favour if you are one of those people who don't see why you should stop driving just because a court has disqualified you for two years. Patrol officers are too busy dealing with the daily grind of patrol work.

Traffic officers, of whom Mrs Corner is one, drive a variety of vehicles but the Volvo V70 and BMW X5 are both popular. Not really on the subject, but hats off to Traffic/Highway Patrol officers the world over. Not only do you have to deal with fatalities about ten times as frequently as other officers, but, over here at least, you get to investigate them all by yourself whilst trying to fit in your regular duties.
            I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh, I'm a geezer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2975 users online. 136 members and 2839 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X