Ad JS

Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying to Victoria Police w/prior drug use

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    CaptainKangaroo5691 - So the old days of beating suspects, regularly shooting people, planting evidence, stealing drugs and money was better than the force of today? Your post count is scarily representative of your viewpoint.

    Mulgrave600 - I understand that other organisations engaged in similar practices, but I don't see how it's relevant - we are talking about the police, not them. It's not a period we should be ashamed of? I wholeheartedly disagree. Stating that it was just a different time is disrespectful to the people that were victimized as a result of it. Would you say the same about Nazi Germany, Mao, Stalin or slavery?

    I assume you're a long-serving member of the force. What are your observations "from the inside"?
    Last edited by Mitchell87; 05-16-2017, 09:21 PM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Mitchell87 View Post
      CaptainKangaroo5691 - So the old days of beating suspects, regularly shooting people, planting evidence, stealing drugs and money was better than the force of today? Your post count is scarily representative of your viewpoint.
      We've already established that the police-involved shootings you mentioned were justified. Everything else you mention were isolated cases involving a very small percentage of members.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Mitchell87 View Post
        CaptainKangaroo5691 - So the old days of beating suspects, regularly shooting people, planting evidence, stealing drugs and money was better than the force of today? Your post count is scarily representative of your viewpoint.

        Mulgrave600 - I understand that other organisations engaged in similar practices, but I don't see how it's relevant - we are talking about the police, not them. It's not a period we should be ashamed of? I wholeheartedly disagree. Stating that it was just a different time is disrespectful to the people that were victimized as a result of it. Would you say the same about Nazi Germany, Mao, Stalin or slavery?

        I assume you're a long-serving member of the force. What are your observations "from the inside"?
        So...you're just ANOTHER poser who comes in here to be a stupid jackass. Go find a dope friend to suck up to.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by CaptainKangaroo5691 View Post
          We've already established that the police-involved shootings you mentioned were justified. Everything else you mention were isolated cases involving a very small percentage of members.
          A small percentage of "members"? Rubbish. Of course, you guys will always cover for each other, so I suppose I shouldn't expect honesty.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

            So...you're just ANOTHER poser who comes in here to be a stupid jackass. Go find a dope friend to suck up to.
            As I explained in my first post - I no longer use drugs, and I have never used "dope" in my life. I'm not trying to be a "stupid jackass" - I'm engaging in a legitimate conversation.

            Comment


            • #36
              True story- two weeks into my FTO program with a US agency that will go unnamed, my FTO regaled about the times he snorted booger sugar when in college in Florida. He did have a plausible disclaimer about the little piles of white powder at parties: "Coulda been ground up tablets of Vitamin C for all I know!" Uh huh. Anyways, he is now an upper manager at HQ.

              Moral of the story is don't let what you put up your nose yesterday stop you from what you want to do tomorrow because it hasn't stopped other people.
              There are some things which cannot be learned quickly, and time, which is all we have, must be paid heavily for their acquiring. They are the very simplest things and because it takes a man's life to know them the little that each man gets from life is very costly and the only heritage he has to leave.

              -Ernest Hemingway

              Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

              -Abraham Lincoln

              Don't believe. Don't believe the hype.

              -Flava Flav

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
                True story- two weeks into my FTO program with a US agency that will go unnamed, my FTO regaled about the times he snorted booger sugar when in college in Florida. He did have a plausible disclaimer about the little piles of white powder at parties: "Coulda been ground up tablets of Vitamin C for all I know!" Uh huh. Anyways, he is now an upper manager at HQ.

                Moral of the story is don't let what you put up your nose yesterday stop you from what you want to do tomorrow because it hasn't stopped other people.
                Exactly. As I said earlier in this thread, I've personally known officers that have used drugs. Hell, I've even seen it personally. Drug use in Australia is massive, and police officers, whether they have used prior to joining or otherwise, are by no means an exception. If I did not have a criminal charge for possessing cocaine, I am almost positive I would have been been accepted. I was even told I would possibly be considered for a position in the future.

                Thank you for the supportive words.

                Comment

                What's Going On

                Collapse

                There are currently 5183 users online. 269 members and 4914 guests.

                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                Welcome Ad

                Collapse
                Working...
                X