300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilets Facing Mecca

I was listening to talk radio today and the host read from a publication that at a prison in the UK officials were re-locating the toilets because they face Mecca and it is against Islamic law to go to the bathroom facing that direction. He went on to say this move was based on complaints from Muslim inmates and that the work will come at tax payers expense to appease the inmates.
    I have not been able to confirm this story. Have any of you heard about this?

here's the link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/4926114.stm
    When reality becomes too unbearable.............When he can't give an intelligent answer to the comment made instead of the comment he wish were made....... he predictably............. slips into ........The Fantasy Zone.
    -JPR

Comment

That's so freaking PC of them. If the muslims dont like it TOO BAD they shouldnt be in there to begin with. If they appease them whats next? There maid because its the order of ISLAM. This PC garbage has to stop.
      Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

Tell 'em to leave the toilets facing Mecca and tell the inmates to sit sideways or something. Problem solved.
        If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

Because we all know that if you turn your back the Lord can't see you pee.

Comment

Oh my aching ..........!

Un...freezing...believable.
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

I have never heard that before.....what a bunch of PC suckers.

I have been to Saudi and thinking back....we had crappers facing all sorts of directions...and at least one of them had to be facing Mecca and now seemed to mind over there.....

Comment

Heard about this - my first thought was 'Who gives a s...', but that is SOOOOO politically incorrect. But then again, who give a s...

I LOVE circular arguments
                Stop Animal Testing!! (Because they really skew the grading curve...)

Comment

Originally posted by MountainCop
                  I LOVE circular arguments
                  Speaking of, wouldn't the curve of the Earth mean that one is not facing Mecca unless they are within a certain mile range? And if Mecca is East, then at what point do they consider Mecca West of their location? If your North or South of Mecca is it still considered an East West thing?

The same as tossing salt over your shoulder in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogerthump
                    Speaking of, wouldn't the curve of the Earth mean that one is not facing Mecca unless they are within a certain mile range? And if Mecca is East, then at what point do they consider Mecca West of their location? If your North or South of Mecca is it still considered an East West thing?

The same as tossing salt over your shoulder in my opinion.
                    You're right - depend on the distance to the horizon, etc. Otherwise, you're facing outer space.

Then again, back to the circular argument - Who gives a ...
                    Stop Animal Testing!! (Because they really skew the grading curve...)

Comment

Oh, lets get some of our UK members to describe their "open prisons". The US cops will not belive them!
                      And a UK chief decided that he could not release photos of some escapees, becuse it might violate thier human rights!

I think they need Sherrif Joe ASrpio from Maricopa County AZ over there!
                      "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                      John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by Sleuth
                        Oh, lets get some of our UK members to describe their "open prisons". The US cops will not belive them!
                        And a UK chief decided that he could not release photos of some escapees, becuse it might violate thier human rights!

I think they need Sherrif Joe ASrpio from Maricopa County AZ over there!

I fail to see the link between toilets facng Mecca and open prisons.

Open prisons are minimal security prisons for low risk petty offenders, that intend to rehabilitate via working on farm duties etc.
                        Should somebody breach this trust placed upon them they would not qualify again and would be put in a higher security jail.
                        On the whole, people who receive a sentence at an open prison do not jeapordise their position by escaping.

Comment

Toilets

I guess it was okay for the prisoners to commit crimes facing mecca??

But they can't do their business facing mecca?

Comment

Originally posted by vtinvestigator
                            I guess it was okay for the prisoners to commit crimes facing mecca??

But they can't do their business facing mecca?
                            Excellent point

Comment

In their own countries, they don't even have toilets as we know it. They sh*t in a hole in the ground. Personally, I'd give em what they're used to. If they don't like it, they can always go home (after serving their sentence) can't they? Oh, and if there are any left-wing "do gooders" reading this post, you know what you can do don't you???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4168 users online. 234 members and 3934 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X