300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another killer freed...

How sad..today yet other brave Officer's wife is weeping..

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,19061589-2,00.html
    Homer: When I first heard that Marge was joining the police academy, I thought it would be fun and zany, like that movie Spaceballs. But instead it was dark and disturbing... Like that movie -- Police Academy.

Should have topped the lot of them

Lobster.

Comment

Here in Arizona we have the Feloney Murder law. If you commit a felony, and anyone dies, you can be convicted of murder.
      Example: 3 juveniles entered a gun shop, and one of them pulls a gun on the owner and demands guns and cash. The owner, a retired officer, pulls a gun and kills the one with the gun. The other 2 are serving life for murder, as they were part of the plan to rob the place.

In this, being on parole and consorting with other criminals, as well as carrying a gun AND being in a stolen car, would have been enough.
      Last edited by Sleuth; 05-08-2006, 03:15 PM.
      "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
      John Stuart Mill

Comment

^ Same deal in UK law, it's called "Joint Enterprise."

Comment

The guy in question aquitted in Australia didn't commit a felony of violence Sleuth, he stole a car. The court held he had nothing to do with the murder of the officer, so why send him to prison?
          Last edited by co911; 05-09-2006, 10:27 PM.
          It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

The court held he had nothing to do with the murder...
            The court held he did not previously agree to the murder, although the prosecution argued that he could have expected one.

"Mr Taufahema was behind the wheel of the stolen car..."

"All [four thieves] were armed with stolen guns."
            lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.

Comment

Oh, I see. 4 convicted felons, each armed, riding around in a stolen car were:
              A. Out sightseeing
              B. Looking to return the car to it's owner.
              C. Looking to see if the 'fresh donuts' light was on at the Krispy Creme.
              D. Ready to commit another crime, just looking for a victim.

Anyone? You in the back?

And they should burn for it! Or at least spend life in prison.
              "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
              John Stuart Mill

Comment

Don't you have conspiracy/ aiding and abetting/ counselling or procuring laws there?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleuth
                  Oh, I see. 4 convicted felons, each armed, riding around in a stolen car were:
                  A. Out sightseeing
                  B. Looking to return the car to it's owner.
                  C. Looking to see if the 'fresh donuts' light was on at the Krispy Creme.
                  D. Ready to commit another crime, just looking for a victim.

Anyone? You in the back?

And they should burn for it! Or at least spend life in prison.
                  That's right! at least life in prison.
                  Tired of hearing stupid people killing LEO and then walk awayyyy. that's just not fair and then hearing people crying for their life!

Comment

We have Conspiracy (called aiding & abeting in some states), but they must have agreed to commit a criminal act. If they did not agree to kill the officer, it may not work. That's why some states have the Felony murder law.

Each of them would have gone to prison for:
                    1. Felon in posession of a firearm.
                    2. Possesion of a stolen vehicle
                    3. Associating with other convicted felons

Put them in a cell with 'Bubba', who has been there a long, long time and really likes boys!
                    Last edited by Sleuth; 05-10-2006, 02:56 PM.
                    John Stuart Mill

Comment

That blows.

Thank G0D I don't live in the UK.

Comment

Ah. Mitchell, the murder took place on the other side of the world, in Australia.

Similar in a few respects, but definitily NOT the UK - I've been to both. The sun shines in Australia. And hopefully, these mopes will never see it again!
                        John Stuart Mill

Comment

UK, Australia...Eh...same thing except for Australia being a wine producer and the UK is the motherland for Scotch...

Comment

Originally posted by co911
                            The guy in question aquitted in Australia didn't commit a felony of violence Sleuth, he stole a car. The court held he had nothing to do with the murder of the officer, so why send him to prison?
                            When I was a kid (over 50 years ago), ANYONE who had anything to do with a crime was held as fully responsible as the individual who actually committed the crime, and, was sentenced in addition. And, that could even include witnesses, depending on circumstances.

And, from my viewpoint, anyone who has anything to do with or associates with a killer of a member of "my family" should be held accoutable and entertained in like manner. But, then, of course, I am a hard-nosed German, so, that might be the reasons for me so thinking.
                            Chappy/Rev. Ruben J. Schmidt, DD

http://www.beyond-the-blue.com

Comment

Well it seems times have changed Chappy.
                              He may have been armed with a firearm Sleuth but he didn't use it to kill the officer and there is no evidence to suggest that he had any part in his death. Leave the emotion out of it and take a closer look. He didn't shoot at the officer and didn't cause his death - life imprisonment? No. Think.
                              It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4048 users online. 240 members and 3808 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X