300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interpol stolen motor vehicle database

I see Interpol has a database with over 4 million stolen motor vehicles on it.

As there are a growing number of vehicles being imported from Singapore & Hong Kong, I suspect there may be a few that have a not-so-squeaky-clean background.

Has anyone ever used this database?

Are you sure about that Interpol database?
    "Interpol" is just the link between different states.
    I can only speak for Europe, where we have the "SIS - Schengen information system", which means that police officers of all participating countries (13 of 15 "old" European Union states) are able to check if some specific items (documents, weapons, vehicles) are reported stolen.
    I can imagine that if you have reason to believe a vehicle is stolen, the Interpol agency of your country gets in contact with the Interpol agency of the country of origin.

Comment

They may be counting all the stolen cars in our National Crime Information Center (NCIC) list. Here in Arizona, most "stolens" are in Mexico before the report gets finished. A TV station in San Diego did a story where they found several hundred cars stolen in the US, being driven by Mexican Federal and State police officers. They did not even bother to take the plates off them.

I know at least one Mexican Army General who was driving a stolen US pickup truck. We heard it was 'stolen to order'.

I also understand that in Belize almost every car has been stolen in the US.
      "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
      John Stuart Mill

Comment

Most European stolen cars, can be found in Africa or the Balkan states, that is my opinion and that is what i see....
        www.rijkswacht.com

Comment

... don

Comment

hahahaha.... that says enough...... in fact there's nothing to laugh....
            www.rijkswacht.com

Comment

Originally posted by leonha2
              I can only speak for Europe, where we have the "SIS - Schengen information system", which means that police officers of all participating countries (13 of 15 "old" European Union states) are able to check if some specific items (documents, weapons, vehicles) are reported stolen.
              We have had the posters up in the police station (UK) promising us SIS since before last Christmas but there still appears to be some technical problems

Lobster.

Comment

There should be a worldwide database for everything, especially cars! I can't know if a foreign car is not stolen or insured or if there's any fraud.... I mean if I pull over a polish car (which happens a lot here) Everything is written down in polish on those documents, I can't tell te difference between a real and a fake....
                I mean, international database about carregistration, insurance owner etc... wouldn't be a luxury....
                www.rijkswacht.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4286 users online. 263 members and 4023 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X