300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foriegners in the UK Police

Would it be possible for someone from, lets say the US, to become a police officer in the UK and if so what steps would they have to take?
    Last edited by mosetti; 07-13-2005, 04:44 PM. Reason: Spelling Error!!
    No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Originally posted by mosetti
    Would it be possible for someone from, lets say the US, to become a police officer in the UK and if so what steps would they have to take?
    Yes provided you have permanent leave to stay in the UK you could apply to join a police force.

Lobster.

Comment

The following link should provide most of the information you need to know:

http://www.policecouldyou.co.uk/defa...n=article&ID=1

Lobster.

Comment

I saw an newspaper article fairly recently where the Met were parading all their international recruits.
        There were people from every part of this planet that you could think of. Only right if you think that the city they police also contains people from the world over.
        As long as your spoken and written English are good, and you display all the other traits necessary to be a Police Officer, you're in with a chance.
        What I would suggest is to contact the recruiting departments of some of the larger forces and ask their advice. They will no doubt be accustomed to your queries.
        I also think that it's important to visit a country prior to commiting yourself to living there.
        The media can sometimes portray places to be not quite as they are.
        For instance the archetypal Englishman in a Hollywood film will be very different to the real one you will be rolling around on the floor with just after closing time.
        If anybody is interested though I say give it a go. We all moan like hell about the country, it's part of our nature, but it's not that bad really.

Comment

Thanks for the info! I lived in Wales for over 2 years and just got back from a 3.5 year stay in the Netherlands, so I know what I'd be getting into culturally. Not to mention one of my best mates is RMP. Once again thanks for the info and insights.
          No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

Royal Military Police

Originally posted by mosetti
            Not to mention one of my best mates is RMP.
            RMP - The Red Caps

Nah, only joking.

They are a top Corp and I served with them in Australia.

Good luck and best wishes with your application.

Comment

HI there
              I am a member of the South African Police Service previous Reaction Unit (our version of SO19 or US Swat) and current CIG our version of Special Branch. I qualify for British Ancestral visa yet when I emailed the Met recruiting unit they said I could not apply, Ancestral Visa is indefinate leave to remain is it not?

Kind regards
              Bryan Mennie

Comment

Originally posted by Bryanm
                HI there
                I qualify for British Ancestral visa yet when I emailed the Met recruiting unit they said I could not apply, Ancestral Visa is indefinate leave to remain is it not?

Kind regards
                Bryan Mennie
                No idea mate this link however may help?

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/ind/en/home.html

A telephone call to the British High Commission in South Africa may also supply the answer.

Lobster.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3097 users online. 154 members and 2943 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X