Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Officers from outside the US, UK, N.Z. & Aust.?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After what your people did to the Russians in The Winter War, most terrorists will leave you alone!
    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
    John Stuart Mill

Comment

we have some changes in our department. 4 years ago, we get a new gun. the P2000 from Heckler & Koch with a safariland holstersystem. 16 Rounds per magazine in 9x19mm.

last year, we get a new uniform. shirts and pants in the color Mitternachtsblau (midnightblue). it looks much better then our old uniform. (brown pants and kakhi shirts). but the best ist, the new uniform is more functional. enough bags and so on. i'll looking for some pics, then i'll post it.

Achim
      - servo per amikeco -

Comment

how do you like the P2000? All the European police have to switch to blue. Funny thing is we always wore blue, then had to switch to white because all the management wore that and now we have to start going back to blue again. Also they first gave white blouses, then decided we had to wear white blouses with patches. Everyone got 14 blouses (7 short sleeved and 7 long) times 50,000 times 2 for the two versions. And all for nothing. I sometimes can´t believe management.

Comment

Cold Zero, it just proves that all police mangers have their brains removed.
          I was stationed on our Souther Border with Mexico, tracking smugglers across the desert. We wore boots, jeans, and polo shirts (with a camo jacket handy to throw over it). Some idiot in our HQ in Washington ordered us to wear suits and ties!
          That was it, I put in my papers to retire.
          Last edited by Sleuth; 09-27-2006, 12:45 PM.
          "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
          John Stuart Mill

Comment

i like my P2000. it is the best gun what i had in my policecareer. a very exact gun. not to big and not to small. with the right ammunition a good thing.

my first gun was the the P6 (SigSauer P225), when i was at the BGS (Bundesgrenzschutz = Federal Border Police). then i had the P7 from Heckler & Koch when i changed to the lower saxony police.

Achim
            - servo per amikeco -

Comment

Achim, what kind of ammo are you issued? Jacketed Hollow Point is the 'standard' here, but I understood some forces in the EU are not allowed to carry it.
              John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by Sleuth
                [...]Jacketed Hollow Point is the 'standard' here, but I understood some forces in the EU are not allowed to carry it.
                Short answer: German LE-organisations don't issue US-style hollow point ammunition, but moderately expanding ammunition like MEN's "Quick Defence PEP", Dynamit Nobel's "Action 4" , Hirtenberger's "EMB" or RUAG's "SeCa".

Rather lengthly background: LE with "sworn officers" (Polizeivollzugsbeamte) in Germany is a "state right", with a few federal jurisdictions. For purposes of coordination the 16 state ministers of interior and the federal minister of interior (which are politically responsible for state/federal LE) have established a "conference of the ministers of interior" (IMK).
                After pressure from a police union the IMK issued a "technical guideline" that demanded a switch from FMJ to "expandable bullets" in 1999. But: they didn't wanted very expandable hollow point bullets, for two reasons:
                a) political: expanding bullets have a quite bad press over here. Politicians don't like possible "misinformed" headlines like "police issues Dum-Dum bullets - illegal by Hague Convention"...
                b) tactical: statistical analysis of German shootings indicates that there is a need for a certain amount of penetration (car windshields, car doors, etc), while over-penetration by FMJ is seldom an issue.
                So the standards set out in the 1999 "technical guideline" (e.g.: max expansion of 12mm [~0.5 in], penetration of min 20cm [~9 in] in ballistic gelatin, penetration of min four 1mm sheets of steel) aren't met by US-style hollow points.

Comment

in lower saxony, we have the amunition dynamit nobel -action 4-.

Achim
                  - servo per amikeco -

Comment

We just switched from Action 3 to Action Defence or something like that. Maybe that's what you call the action 4.
                    The Action 3 was a real penetrator but a lousy man stopper.

Comment

I have a few rounds of some of that ammo. While I much prefer hollowpoints, the bean counters do get to set the rules. Shot placement is still the critical factor.
                      John Stuart Mill

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4609 users online. 318 members and 4291 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X