300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Black Museum"

When I was in London 10 years ago, an officer told me there was a police museum at New Scotland Yard, called the "Black Museum". He said only the high & mighty could see it, even he could not get in. Is this still true? What could be in there that has to be kept sceret?
    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
    John Stuart Mill

I managed to get a tour several years ago. There is nothing secret, but it is fascinating. It is artifacts from the history of the Metropolitan Police and crime in London. To my knowledge, you will need a connection to get in. Assuming you are not buddies with one of the bigwigs in the Metropolitan Police, look up the International Police Association in your area and join. That will be a good place to start your networking. Even with that, it will take some effort, but it is worth it.

Comment

There was talk about opening up the old Bow Street police station as a museum but they probably blew the budget for that on some politically correct load of old crap. I dont think the Black Museum was ever big enough to be run for large groups of visitors and despite employing business managers!! the Met has never realised the financial opportunities that it could get from such a venture.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2215 users online. 85 members and 2130 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X