300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Norwegian Identity

I thought I'd take this opportunity to move you all away from the English-speaking world, and take you on a trip to Norway. My father was born in Norway, and I am the only one of seven children that was born there also.

We left Norway when I was a year old - and even though I spent six months over there during my early-teens, I can't say that I really KNOW Norway or Norwegians.

I've lived in a number of countries, and don't really feel like I BELONG to any of them. Having said that though, my father was proud to be Norwegian, and instilled that pride in me. Even though I have never felt like I "belonged" to any country, I have always felt that the Norwegian people were "my" people. Contradictory? Maybe. Probably.

Being Norwegian in a Shrinking World - Reflections of Norwegian Identity (long)

Minifacts about Norway presents key information about Norway in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.

Minifacts about Norway 2003 (there's a link to Demographics, Health and Crime on the left)

krj, my wife is of Norwegian decent (or Scots, perhaps after they invaded Scotland), and we had a Norwegian house guest for 9 months. He used to get these interesting telephone calls, at o'dark thirty. If I could not understand a word they said, I just gave Arnt the phone.

I would like to hear about policing outside of the English/New Zealand/OZ/US world. Any cops from Norway out there?
    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
    John Stuart Mill

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4275 users online. 235 members and 4040 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X