Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

http://www.ipa-usa.org/

Good group to join.
    We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller View Post
      Any Ireland Police in here? Have some questions
      Ask the questions first and we'll see who pops up.

Remember though, that in Ireland there are two police forces, one under the Irish Government and one under the British Government.

An Garda Síochána

and

Police Service of Northern Ireland

Comment

One here lad, how may I be of assistance??

Comment

gonna send a PM and do hope to hook up if you close for some brews...my pleasure to treat
          Just shut your damn hole

Comment

Also in Ireland.
            OUTBREAK, Limericks Zombie Festival 2011

Comment

Ok....here we go fellas....looking at these 2 packages.....any thoughts? #1 is the most favorite right now

1. http://www.emeraldisleclassic.com/Package/Details/32

excursions to Aran Islands and Dublins Fair City

2. http://www.emeraldisleclassic.com/Package/Details/33

havent looked into excursions here yet

Here is the page of all the packages

http://www.emeraldisleclassic.com/package/

Thanks for any help or suggestions
              Just shut your damn hole

Comment

I would suggest this one, Kerry is probably the most beautiful area in the country. I'm from Limerick and I'm biased but I think it's a great city, Dublin is fine but it's like any other city you could go to.

A must do is the Ring of Kerry, and go down around the Dingle area. Beautiful rugged country. Carrauntoohil (mountain) is in Kerry near Kilarney.
                Last edited by foinse; 04-10-2011, 05:15 PM.
                OUTBREAK, Limericks Zombie Festival 2011

Comment

I'd second that, Kerry has some breathtaking scenery, Killarney and Dingle are beautiful towns and the ring of Kerry is fantastic. The Dublin and Kerry package could be a good choice. I'd go and see Dublin too.

Comment

Just to clarify.....The game is in Dublin so we will be there 3 days I believe

Both of you are saying you would pick Limerick over Galway?.....since Kerry and Dublin are in both?

And as far as excursions....you would pick out of these in order of preference.....only want to do 1 - 2 excursions tops as I really don't want to be tied down to much. Id much rather stroll through the cities at our leasure.
                    Dingle Pininsula

Ring of Kerry....Sheeps Farm or Cruise on Lough Leane

Dublins Fair City

Anything better in the excursion list I may have missed?

Also...do you recommend bringing and police patches or coins to trade with the locals I may run into or anything else you can think of that people may like from the states?
                    Just shut your damn hole

Comment

I'm sure you would enjoy the sheep farm you sick puppy.
                      We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

oh you know it bro....sheep strange is nice
                        Just shut your damn hole

Comment

If you can, also go to Joyce's Country.

My family live in Tuam and Salthill area, so I'm biased too!

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller View Post
                            Just to clarify.....The game is in Dublin so we will be there 3 days I believe

Both of you are saying you would pick Limerick over Galway?.....since Kerry and Dublin are in both?

And as far as excursions....you would pick out of these in order of preference.....only want to do 1 - 2 excursions tops as I really don't want to be tied down to much. Id much rather stroll through the cities at our leasure.
                            Dingle Pininsula

Ring of Kerry....Sheeps Farm or Cruise on Lough Leane

Dublins Fair City

Anything better in the excursion list I may have missed?

Also...do you recommend bringing and police patches or coins to trade with the locals I may run into or anything else you can think of that people may like from the states?
                            Well, if you are going to be in Dublin you might as well have a look around, do a 'Search' for things to do in Dublin but apart from the heritage places, it's just another city.

If it was me, I would be heading for the west coast, starting in County Kerry and working my way up north along the coast as far as time allowed.

I would not miss calling in for a few pints in O'Connor's Pub in Doolin, County Clare.

Check this out and click on photo # 4 and you will see that you are not the first Cop to visit the place,

http://www.gusoconnorsdoolin.com/pho...connors-photos

If it is you wish to make social contact with any local Garda, it would be a lot easier if you were a member of a US Section of the International Police Association and approach them to seek a contact with IPA Ireland.

BTW, did you know that the World Police and Fire Games are being held in Belfast in 2013.

http://www.2013wpfg.com/
                            Last edited by JohnKelly; 04-12-2011, 10:23 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Bring patches and that sort of thing, publicans love them and you might get a few free pints out of it!!

Galway is a great place, wouldn't discount, personally. But if you going to Kerry, Limerick City is closer than Galway.

If your going to Kerry from Dublin you'll be using the M7 motorway, which will take you past Limerick, would be worth a visit, both are in the South West.

Galway however is in the West, might be out of the way.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3635 users online. 198 members and 3437 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X