Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benno
    replied
    No, there is no polygraph in the NSW Police hiring process.

Leave a comment:

• Bushranger
    replied
    Australian courts do not give any credence to results obtained with a Lie Detector as the results can be manipulated. Also the purpose of a Police interview is to obtain a version, not a confession because once they're in the stand, the version offerred by the person concerned can be readily discredited by other evidence.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Aussie44 View Post
    So i am applying towards coming a NSW police officer and was wondering if they have a polygraph test just like in the United States where you have to do it to become a police officer.

Thanks for any information ahead of time.
    I doubt it! I haven't heard about it and I have a NSW Police Application package and nothing is mentioned. Also it has never been a topic on the TBL Forums for police and applicants. You can register there and ask;
    http://www.policensw.com/

I found this though:
    http://www.murdoch.edu.au/elaw/issue...ke71_text.html
    #
    The Lie Detectors Act 1983

# Concern in New South Wales about the use or misuse of lie detectors by employers, insurance investigators and others has led to the enactment of the Lie Detectors Act 1983 (NSW). ("the Act")

# The Act prohibits requesting or requiring another person to undergo an examination based on the use of instruments or apparatus which monitor the physical reactions of the body or elements of stress, tone or variation or vibration in the voice for any prohibited purpose. [21]

# Prohibited purpose is defined in the Act to mean any purpose connected with:-

1. Matters relating to employment including application for or offer of employment, honesty and other means related to character terms of employment, promotion and other employment related benefits, transfer of employment, training in or continuation of employment.
    2. Consideration of the acceptance of risk under a proposal for a contract or policy of insurance.
    3. Consideration of a claim under an insurance policy or payment of compensation for loss or damage under an insurance policy or an application for any form of financial accommodation.
    4. Establishing whether or not a person is guilty of an act or admission that is punishable by a fine or imprisonment.[22]

Leave a comment:

• BritCop in USA
    replied
    I doubt it, too. Polygraphs are pretty much an American and Canadian thing. I don't know of any other countries that use them, either within the Court systems or in the L.E. hiring process. They are not legally admissible.

Leave a comment:

• nasa808
    replied
    I doubt it since the courts don't recognize it. Best bet is to call and find out rather than getting second hand information.

Leave a comment:

• LIZMARIE
    replied
    my brothers a officer and he told me that he is almost sure that it has t be done...

Leave a comment:

• Aussie44
    started a topic NSW Police Polygraph Test?

NSW Police Polygraph Test?

So i am applying towards coming a NSW police officer and was wondering if they have a polygraph test just like in the United States where you have to do it to become a police officer.

Thanks for any information ahead of time.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4289 users online. 263 members and 4026 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X