300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shock! Forthcoming UK citizenship too strict! Dire consequences..etc

I have been humoured recently by some news "reports" alledging (and I quote) that the new UK citizenship test, the requirment to pass this test and the need to have a "grasp" of the English language before permanently residing in the UK is a "travesty". Apparently the need for individuals to take some responsibility and learn the basic history and language of the country they wish to come to is "catergorically unfair" and will restrict entry into the country of (non_skilled workers.
    Er....... Some restriction, thats part of the plan isn't it? Or at least to help integration once in the country. "Experts" (as usual on news broadcast's I mean expert in the loosest possible sense) state that "ideas of integration and security pale into insignificance " when the dire problem of...wait for it..... a lack of Curry chef's (yup) is set to hit the country. Yes, this is the point that was used to express concern at the citizenship test. The unlikely threat of two few curry chef's could erupt into a national travesty. Oh lord. This was on national TV.

If that doesnt say something about the state of the country, I dont know what does. In fact, I may have to think twice when arresting/dealing with someone who "cultivates" certain illegal substances. I mean, what would happen if there were a shortage of such people to continue the horticultural needs of the cannabis seed.......... :-)

great job,

Comment

Originally posted by rchta455 View Post
      The unlikely threat of too few curry chef's could erupt into a national travesty. Oh lord. This was on national TV.
      We face a similar culinary dilemma here in the States.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Lol! Truely priceless.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7844 users online. 453 members and 7391 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X