300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Force nuclear missile launch crew fell asleep

AP - 1 hour, 8 minutes ago WASHINGTON - Three ballistic missile crew members in North Dakota fell asleep while holding classified launch code devices this month, triggering an investigation by military and National Security Agency experts, the Air Force said Thursday.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/air_force...JdhhUewoGs0NUE

In a way it is good, they're so darn bored because who fires nukes on a regular basis?

That definitely has to be a bad career move on their part.

Then again North Dakota and sitting and staring at each other on a daily basis hoping you NEVER have to perform your duty can bore a guy.

I spent some time in an underground super secret squirrel facility and you get bored real quick, especially after a couple of years.
    Make the world a better place....punch a hippie in the face.

Be polite to everyone but be ready to kill them at a moments notice.

Former 11B3P, airborne!

Comment

I couldn't imagine the fatigue.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
        I couldn't imagine the fatigue.

In no way am I defending it but after telling all the stories you had or had ever heard after a few years you got into a rut.
        We had internet access but had limited site access (govt) if ya know what I mean. I surfed the net so much I think I went from the beginning to the end of the net and still was bored. 12 hour shifts smelling each others farts for a year will knock you out cold. Maybe they can claim methane poisoning for their sleep! HA
        Make the world a better place....punch a hippie in the face.

Be polite to everyone but be ready to kill them at a moments notice.

Former 11B3P, airborne!

Comment

Well I understand, your down 6 stories below, in airtight compartments..

Comment

It's bad they broke the rules and all, but I'm pretty sure they could put a big red box marked SECRET on the side of the road in broad daylight in that part of the state and no one would see it, let alone stop and take it for weeks.

M-11
            “All men dream...... But not equally..
            Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
            but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
            for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by farewelltonavy
              That's what you get when you recruit people, not to get the job done, but for the college benefits.

I remember our 12 hour watches, we'd have to share Thailand or Philippines war stories, to keep each other entertained )
              There were some times at sea when one at at post and the other took a quick 15 minute nap....never got caught or the TAO didn't care.
              A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

Ahh...the luxury of the supporting occupations the military. One may watch tv at his/her digression. Email folks, sleep in a ranch house, play spades (for my mortar brethren) and may be yelled at or reprimanded if caught. Fall asleep in an OP in the middle of nowhere or on top of a building where you think the owner is "friendly" to Americans (like it happened with 2/4 snipers in Ramadi) will get you killed. Surprisingly enough I think Milton was the same place the live Nuclear warheads were loaded onto a B-52 that took a ride across America.
                "Against the machinations of your enemies you can take defense, but against the stupidity of fools, the very gods themselves fight in vain" ~ Johann C.F. Von Schiller

"Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind. With such persons, gullibility, which they call faith, takes the helm from the hand of reason, and the mind becomes a wreck."
                --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by farewelltonavy
                  That's what you get when you recruit people, not to get the job done, but for the college benefits.

Nice try slick.....but these cats were Officers....which means their college is already out out of the way......

Comment

Originally posted by GrndPnd0311 View Post
                    I think Milton was the same place the live Nuclear warheads were loaded onto a B-52 that took a ride across America.
                    Errrr......

A. It's Minot Air Force Base not Milton.....

B. You are correct.....same base that loaded the Nukes and sent them down to Barksdale Air Force Base in Louisiana....and forgot to tell the Pilots they were hauling the real deal....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                      Errrr......

A. It's Minot Air Force Base not Milton.....

B. You are correct.....same base that loaded the Nukes and sent them down to Barksdale Air Force Base in Louisiana....and forgot to tell the Pilots they were hauling the real deal....
                      Milton...Minot...AFBs are a dime a dozen. Thats why they keep it simple for us grunts..3 major places-- K-Bay---Lejune---Pendleton. So its easy to RTB when completely blitzed....
                      "Against the machinations of your enemies you can take defense, but against the stupidity of fools, the very gods themselves fight in vain" ~ Johann C.F. Von Schiller

"Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind. With such persons, gullibility, which they call faith, takes the helm from the hand of reason, and the mind becomes a wreck."
                      --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

K-Bay
                        I need to find a job out there....

Comment

Ahh...the luxury of the supporting occupations the military. One may watch tv at his/her digression. Email folks, sleep in a ranch house, play spades (for my mortar brethren) and may be yelled at or reprimanded if caught..
                          My job was protecting the ship and ID'ing threats in the area......I F-up and a whole bunch of people die.....Just ask the EW from the Uss Stark!!!!
                          A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5506 users online. 302 members and 5204 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X