300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arkansas Red View Post
    Offering the official administration response to FOX News, a senior Defense Department official pointed out that the chemical weapons were not in useable conditions.
    This does not reflect a capacity that was built up after 1991," the official said, adding the munitions "are not the WMDs this country and the rest of the world believed Iraq had, and not the WMDs for which this country went to war."

Why am I not surprised?
    Why is it Some "Unnamed Official" is always take as Gospel??? I happen to KNOW some of the guys that recovered Chem weapons, and while Some werent useable, a lot Were. I'll take the word of the guys with boots on the ground over an "Unnamed Senior Official" any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Kpdpipes View Post
      Why is it Some "Unnamed Official" is always take as Gospel??? I happen to KNOW some of the guys that recovered Chem weapons, and while Some werent useable, a lot Were. I'll take the word of the guys with boots on the ground over an "Unnamed Senior Official" any day.
      Kpd......Read the entire link I posted from which Red cherry picked the above. If you read the whole story, the picture is much different.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,200499,00.html
      Last edited by JPR; 06-13-2007, 07:25 PM.
      Jubilant Patriotic Republican

America gave Obama the benefit of the doubt when they elected him. Obama is now giving America the doubt of the benefit of his governance......Change you can bereave in!..JPR

Comment

Originally posted by JPR View Post
        Kpd......Read the entire link I posted from which Red cherry picked the above. If you read the whole story, the picture is much different.

I wasnt talking about just this issue JPR, it seems that the media will discount an accredited named representative, yet Fawn over unsubstantiated information "Leaked" by some unnamed insider without ever bothering to confirm..... In almost ANY other circumstance, these "Insider Leakers" would be considered just another disgruntled employee with an agenda to push to make his employer look bad.... bit in THIS context they're automatically considered heros.

Comment

Personally I believe that the Duelfer report from the ISG, (Iraq Survey Group) is the most credible. Following is part of the report.

The Duelfer report found that Iraq’s chemical and biological weapons were destroyed in 1991 and never reconstituted. The country did not possess a nuclear weapons program and was doing nothing to develop either the materials or the production techniques required to build nuclear weapons. On the contrary, under the impact of a devastating US-backed economic blockade—which caused the deaths of an estimated one million Iraqis, half of them children, for lack of food and medical supplies—the country’s ability to sustain any sort of military establishment steadily deteriorated.

The Iraq Survey Group mobilized more than 1,200 inspectors under the direction of the CIA and searched the country for 15 months following the US invasion. It found none of the stockpiles, weapons factories, secret laboratories or other facilities claimed by the Bush administration. The evidence gathered by the ISG disproved all of the most-publicized declarations by officials of the White House, Pentagon, State Department and CIA during the runup to the invasion of Iraq.

* There was no active Iraqi nuclear weapons program. According to Duelfer, the ISG investigation “uncovered no indication that Iraq had resumed fissile material or nuclear weapons research and development activities since 1991.”

* Iraq imported aluminum tubes to use in producing small military rockets, as Iraqi officials had said, not as parts for centrifuges to enrich uranium.

* Iraq did not try to buy uranium overseas after 1991, and even rejected an offer of uranium from an African businessman, citing UN sanctions.

* The trailers that US officials claimed were mobile biological weapons laboratories were actually being used to make hydrogen for weather balloons, as the Iraqis said.

* There was no “red line” south of Baghdad, where Iraqi troops armed with chemical weapons were supposed to unleash WMD on invading US troops.

Duelfer, who spent six years as the deputy head of the UN weapons inspectors in Iraq, was selected to head the ISG by CIA Director George Tenet, and enjoyed the warmest relations with the Bush White House. Before taking the ISG post, he had said he was convinced that there was a connection between Iraq and the September 11 terrorist attacks. But when he appeared before the Senate Armed Services Committee to present his report Wednesday, he told the panel, “We were almost all wrong” on Iraq.
          Retired

Comment

I Just Gotta Say Something

Originally posted by retired View Post
            Personally I believe that the Duelfer report from the ISG, (Iraq Survey Group) is the most credible. Following is part of the report.

On the contrary, under the impact of a devastating US-backed economic blockade—which caused the deaths of an estimated one million Iraqis, half of them children, for lack of food and medical supplies—the country’s ability to sustain any sort of military establishment steadily deteriorated.
            NO - Saddam Hussein caused the deaths of his countrymen. They starved while he spent BILLIONS on himself. The blame America crowd looses this argument.

The Iraq Survey Group mobilized more than 1,200 inspectors under the direction of the CIA and searched the country for 15 months following the US invasion. It found none of the stockpiles, weapons factories, secret laboratories or other facilities claimed by the Bush administration. The evidence gathered by the ISG disproved all of the most-publicized declarations by officials of the White House, Pentagon, State Department and CIA during the runup to the invasion of Iraq.
            Means nothing. Many times I've gone hunting and found nothing. Came home empty handed. Does that mean the elk weren't out there? Please. My guess is the weapons went to Syria. Which "guess" is better? They "guess" there were none, I "guess" they were hidden. What makes them right?

* There was no active Iraqi nuclear weapons program. According to Duelfer, the ISG investigation “uncovered no indication that Iraq had resumed fissile material or nuclear weapons research and development activities since 1991.”
            So what? What does this prove? Again, not finding means hidden well, to me.

* Iraq imported aluminum tubes to use in producing small military rockets, as Iraqi officials had said, not as parts for centrifuges to enrich uranium.
            And, I've got a bridge for sale cheap. Please, please tell me you don't buy this.

* The trailers that US officials claimed were mobile biological weapons laboratories were actually being used to make hydrogen for weather balloons, as the Iraqis said.
            Man, this is laughable. Iraq had a cutting edge "weather research" program, did they? ITS HOT THERE. IT'S ALWAYS HOT THERE. PLEEEEEEASE!

Duelfer, who spent six years as the deputy head of the UN weapons inspectors in Iraq, was selected to head the ISG by CIA Director George Tenet, and enjoyed the warmest relations with the Bush White House. Before taking the ISG post, he had said he was convinced that there was a connection between Iraq and the September 11 terrorist attacks. But when he appeared before the Senate Armed Services Committee to present his report Wednesday, he told the panel, “We were almost all wrong” on Iraq.
            Don't you mean, he lied? Isn't that the liberal word for making your best call when given bad intel?

Anyway, I suppose all of those raped and tortured and starved citizens of Iraq were better off with Saddam, but I'm just glad my grandkids won't have to deal his insanity or that of his sons.

Now, on to Iran....
            Last edited by 1042 Trooper; 06-15-2007, 10:47 AM.
            The All New
            BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
            Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
            - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

The Duelfer report found that Iraq’s chemical and biological weapons were destroyed in 1991 and never reconstituted. The country did not possess a nuclear weapons program and was doing nothing to develop either the materials or the production techniques required to build nuclear weapons. On the contrary, under the impact of a devastating US-backed economic blockade—which caused the deaths of an estimated one million Iraqis, half of them children, for lack of food and medical supplies—the country’s ability to sustain any sort of military establishment steadily deteriorated.

* Iraq did not try to buy uranium overseas after 1991, and even rejected an offer of uranium from an African businessman, citing UN sanctions.

* There was no “red line” south of Baghdad, where Iraqi troops armed with chemical weapons were supposed to unleash WMD on invading US troops.

This report was released in October 2004.............If you look at more current information , you can see that there is egg all over this report....All it proves is that the CIA seems to be either A) Fairly consistent at providing bad
              information or B) Still employing a lot of pathetic people who originally came on board during the Clinton Administration or C) All the above.

America gave Obama the benefit of the doubt when they elected him. Obama is now giving America the doubt of the benefit of his governance......Change you can bereave in!..JPR

Comment

.................... On the contrary, under the impact of a devastating US-backed economic blockade—which caused the deaths of an estimated one million Iraqis, half of them children, for lack of food and medical supplies—the country’s ability to sustain any sort of military establishment steadily deteriorated.................
                I wonder if John Kerry wrote this part.........

We know the above is a large pile of smelly stuff......Remember the Food for Oil program?.......Of course it didn't work as well as planned due to the widespread corruption present in the United Nations.

In addition, Saddam was spending so much money buying prohibited items from France and Germany that he ran up a huge line of credit with those two countries which explains a lot as to why those two allies refused to back us up in this campaign, namely, they knew a toppled Saddam would never be able to pay the huge tab he ran up.

Comment

I wonder if John Kerry wrote this part.........

We know the above is a large pile of smelly stuff......Remember the Food for Oil program?.......Of course it didn't work as well as planned due to the widespread corruption present in the United Nations.

In addition, Saddam was spending so much money buying prohibited items from France and Germany that he ran up a huge line of credit with those two countries which explains a lot as to why those two allies refused to back us up in this campaign, namely, they knew a toppled Saddam would never be able to pay the huge tab he ran up.
                  I didn't write the report for the ISG, so I am not responsible for the content or results. If you feel it is inaccuarte and full of smelly stuf, that is your choice. However, I doubt that Kerry wrote any of it, and Duelfer did have a warm relationship with Bush, so I doubt that he falsified any of his report.

Regards
                  Retired

Comment

I didn't write the report for the ISG, so I am not responsible for the content or results. If you feel it is inaccurate and full of smelly stuff, that is your choice. However, I doubt that Kerry wrote any of it, and Duelfer did have a warm relationship with Bush, so I doubt that he falsified any of his report.Regards

I recognize that you aren't responsible for the report and I also believe that you have relied on it in good faith, however, if you look at the information discovered since the report was issued, the report was obviously seriously flawed. I also wouldn't accuse this guy Duelfer of falsifying the report. Jumping to conclusions without adequate evidence to draw said conclusions? Yeah I would say he did that. To say he falsified the report would be the same as calling him a liar. Since I have no evidence that he intended to deceive someone, I would not be so irresponsible as to call him a liar. I think my prior posts in this thread have made my position of calling people liars pretty clear. If you can't back it up with evidence, don't call someone a liar.

P.S. My thing on Kerry was kind of a tongue in cheek thing as I recalled his Congressional testimony when he returned from Vietnam.....My point being is he doesn't seem shy about badmouthing the USA.
                    Last edited by JPR; 06-15-2007, 02:20 PM.

Comment

I recognize that you aren't responsible for the report and I also believe that you have relied on it in good faith, however, if you look at the information discovered since the report was issued, the report was obviously seriously flawed. .
                      I personally am unaware of recent evidence that suggests the ISG report was flawed.
                      Retired

Comment

I personally am unaware of recent evidence that suggests the ISG report was flawed.
                        The following is an excerpt of the link I have previously posted on this thread two separate times.
                        But the National Ground Intelligence Center took up where the ISG left off when it completed its report in November 2004, and in the process of collecting intelligence for the purpose of force protection for soldiers and sailors still on the ground in Iraq, has shown that the weapons inspections were incomplete, they and others have said.
                        If you read the whole article you will see a different picture.

Perhaps the third time is a charm...............

Comment

Posting a newslink to Fox....? They will never believe you....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                            Posting a newslink to Fox....? They will never believe you....
                            I would have posted it from NBC, ABC or CBS(what a descriptive acronym) but for some reason, I doubt they covered the story.

You're right....I'll make it even easier.....The following is a link to the declassified portion of the NGIC report....I believe it is authentic........The last time I checked, Dan Rather hasn't been hired by Fox.

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/...classified.pdf
                            Last edited by JPR; 06-15-2007, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I would have posted it from NBC, ABC or CBS(what a descriptive acronym) but for some reason, I doubt they covered the story.

You're right....I'll make it even easier.....The following is a link to the declassified portion of the NGIC report....I believe it is authentic........The last time I checked, Dan Rather hasn't been hired by Fox.

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/...classified.pdf

So if this report is authentic, why hasn't Bush mentoned it?
                              Retired

Comment

So if this report is authentic, why hasn't Bush mentoned it?
                                Here is a repost of another link I previously provided.......Considering the disgraceful and dishonest misreporting the hostile left wing press has produced so far, I doubt he would get a fair shake on this either.
                                http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0060412-8.html

Maybe the real question you should be asking, is why isn't the mainstream media reporting this stuff? It is important information. How do "professional" journalists looking for the facts and nothing but the facts miss these details? Can you spell L-I-B-E-R-A-L.....A-G-E-N-D-A?
                                Last edited by JPR; 06-17-2007, 04:24 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5231 users online. 310 members and 4921 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X