300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long Before we Smack Putin

Putin getting a bit too big for his britches. It won't happen of course, but I say we need to smack him upside the head for that crack about aiming his missiles at Europe. France, okay, but we do have some good friends over there.

What say you?
    Ignore him and hope he goes away.
    57.14%
    Impose heavy sanctions and pray Hillary can handle him.
    0.00%
    Impose sanctions and pray that Fred Thompson does the right thing
    23.81%
    Bomb his sorry buttocks into the next world
    19.05%
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
    Putin getting a bit too big for his britches. It won't happen of course, but I say we need to smack him upside the head for that crack about aiming his missiles at Europe. France, okay, but we do have some good friends over there.

What say you?
    I think he's trying to make himself look like a big shot in his final year of power....and perhaps trying to stay on longer by standing up to the big bad USA.....

GW needs to call him up and tell him to knock the crap off....or we will stat another Cold War and bury his miserable country into the ground....just like Ronnie did.....

Comment

See, I've no great problem with Putin flexing his muscles for the benefit of the Russian people. Russians feel, wrongly, that East Europe is their little sand-pit and no-one else should be allowed to build sand castles there.

What I hugely resent is the fact that there is a considerable body of evidence that Putin has ordered the murder of one of his political opponents, the late Mr Litvinenko, in my country. For those unfamiliar with the story, Litvinenko, a Russian defector and critic of Putin, died recently as a result of polonium poisoning. Given that the polonium administered would have cost millions of dollars, British detectives quickly ruled out a lover's tiff and asked to extradite an ex KGB thug who had a) recently met with Mr Litvinenko and b) could be traced back to Moscow due to the radioactive debris he had left in his wake. Oh no, says Putin, asking for the murderer of a British subject on British soil to be extradited to face trial here is just plain provocative on our part.

Frankly, Putin can stick his outraged dignity where the monkey hid his nuts. If he wants to start the Cold War again, he's going to find he's lost a fair bit of territory since 1989.
      I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh, I'm a geezer.

Comment

We have no real choice but to ignore him. Russia still has quite a few nukes in their arsenal.
        I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

What say you?
          I say what right do we have to smack him along side his head for what he says anymore that he has a right to smack GWB for what he says?
          Retired

Comment

There's all together too much smacking alongside the head in this world. Anybody remember the old line "Don't hit him on the head, you'll make him stupid?" There was a point to that old line!
            shepherdess extraordinaire

"Man stands in his own shadow and wonders why it is dark."- Zen proverb

Comment

Originally posted by retired View Post
              I say what right do we have to smack him along side his head for what he says anymore that he has a right to smack GWB for what he says?
              Somehow, Retired, I knew you would chime in by missing the point. It about Putin, not W.

W may butcher the english language, but he isn't tossing around threats to nuke europe. But, go ahead. Defend Putin. Be consistent.
              The All New
              Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
              - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Somehow, Retired, I knew you would chime in by missing the point. It about Putin, not W.

W may butcher the english language, but he isn't tossing around threats to nuke europe. But, go ahead. Defend Putin. Be consistent.
                Retired

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                  I think he's trying to make himself look like a big shot in his final year of power....and perhaps trying to stay on longer by standing up to the big bad USA......................

Rootin Tootin Putin.

I say impose sanctions and hope Fred can get a leash on him......(Sanctions for everything except the cheap milsurp ammo. )
                  Last edited by JPR; 06-06-2007, 12:45 AM.
                  Jubilant Patriotic Republican

America gave Obama the benefit of the doubt when they elected him. Obama is now giving America the doubt of the benefit of his governance......Change you can bereave in!..JPR

Comment

I think 1042 has stock in Haliburton and KBR.

Seriously, why does the US have to "smack" everyone? One day our "fearless leaders" are going to get their bluffs called and the only thing it will get is Americans dead.

Look at it from this point of view Trooper, if Argentina was building missile silos in southern Mexico to "protect her allies" America would be doing the exact same thing as Russia is. Nobody wants a missile silo in their backyard.
                    Ever feel like you live in the state of confusion?

Comment

Originally posted by Arkansas Red View Post
                      Seriously, why does the US have to "smack" everyone? One day our "fearless leaders" are going to get their bluffs called and the only thing it will get is Americans dead.
                      Just an expression, AR - the meaning was to in some way punish him. Not literally smack him. C'mon. Maybe you're right. Let's just let him start the cold war all over again. I mean, while we're surrendering in Iraq, shoot, let's just surrender to Russia as well. Sounds great.

BTW, I would just luuuuuuv to have some Haliburton stock, unlike my boy Dick Cheney, who owns precisley, NONE.
                      The All New
                      - M1Garand

Comment

Well I did not believe you meant to physically assault him. What my question was more geared torwards is why you believe that anyone who opposes the US should be dealt with.
                        The man does not want US controlled missiles in his backyard. Again, would you want Argentina putting missles in Mexico? Sadly this is more of that "W" mind set of "your with us or your against us..."

As for surrendering to Iraq: I never knew they invaded us. Last I checked we invaded them. Oh wait that is more of the "W" we need to fight them their before they come here speech eh? I would not mind seeing this war through and actually fixing what we started if certain upper echelons would have listened to their Generals at the start instead of playing the role of "The Decider."

As for Cheney owning stock in Haliburton: Seems odd that you brought his name into it, but I'll play that game. Cheney owning stock in Haliburton would cause major eye brow raising in the area of war profiteering. Cheney is not that stupid, but I can bet he is going to get a nice job with them after this little stint in VP chair.

Comment

I chose hidden option number 5...

Go back in time and stop Bush from withdrawing from the ABM treaty so he could build a useless missile shield in Russia's front yard and not even have the need for this conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkansas Red View Post
                            Well I did not believe you meant to physically assault him. What my question was more geared torwards is why you believe that anyone who opposes the US should be dealt with.
                            Not "opposes" but THREATENS.

As for surrendering to Iraq: I never knew they invaded us. Last I checked we invaded them.
                            Check again. We LIBERATED them. Not invaded. You libs just hate facts, but the least you could do is call it what it is.
                            Oh wait that is more of the "W" we need to fight them their before they come here speech eh?
                            You may laugh at that, but it is very true.
                            I would not mind seeing this war through and actually fixing what we started if certain upper echelons would have listened to their Generals at the start instead of playing the role of "The Decider."
                            Isn't it nice that we can sit back with no pressure and perfect vision and see perfectly after the fact what should have been? What a country.

As for Cheney owning stock in Haliburton: Seems odd that you brought his name into it, but I'll play that game. Cheney owning stock in Haliburton would cause major eye brow raising in the area of war profiteering. Cheney is not that stupid, but I can bet he is going to get a nice job with them after this little stint in VP chair.
                            He already had one. He took a 500% pay cut to be VP. And, he donated all 8 million of his stock in the company to charity long before anyone had ever heard of Haliburton, or Iraq, just so that he could run for office. But once again, you libs just HATE the pesky facts. They spoil that nice KoolAid taste.

Someone else brought up Haliburton, not me. I was merely addressing the obvious implication. Dick Cheney is a patriot and one of the world's great philanthropists. How much have you donayed to charity lately?

Anyway, Putin needs a stern stare and no bedtime snack. How's that? Warm and fuzzy enough
                            Last edited by 1042 Trooper; 06-06-2007, 08:51 PM.
                            The All New
                            - M1Garand

Comment

Wow, we "libs" hate facts eh?
                              Well my egocentrical neoconservative friend your pals in the Bush Administration seem to hate facts as it tends to put them into federal prison. Ahh, but it don't matter as all you have to do is "not recall" and appease the master right?

I got an idea for this whole US/Russia problem: Do not build missile base in Europe. You still have yet to answer my question about a foreign country building missile bases close to us. I mean last time that happened it caused quite a little "crisis."

It is nice that we can sit back and look at hindsight with 20/20 vision. However, it is even nicer that a man with the most powerful intelligence gathering agencies and satellites, which can tell if a quarter is heads up, has to make up stories to invade a country.
                              Yes my friend invade as we did cross the Iraqi borders with hostile intent. Remember the whole "Shock and awe" and "removing Hussein by force?"

As for "liberating" the Iraqi people all we did was give them the means to restart an old sectarian civil war. Are they better off without Hussein and Sons? Yes by all means that is something that even BushCo could mess up as it was the mighty fine work of our military. However, the aftermath needed containment and Bush was so quick to make his Gulf War look more impressive than daddy's.

As for my charitable contributions: Last years contributions came to around $600 not bad for a family that made less than $25k in my opinion.

And finally for Ol' Shotgun being such a gracious guy... I'll bet he is the nicest guy as long as your not going hunting with him.
                              Last edited by Arkansas Red; 06-07-2007, 03:56 AM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4439 users online. 260 members and 4179 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X