300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "W"

So what do you guys think abutthe way "W" and "Rummy" have been handling the Iraq fiasco?

Are you ready to agree that "W" invaded the wrong country.

Saddam was a tyrant, buthe was keeping the radical Muslims in check.

Look what is happening now. A full blown civil war.

Way to go, George

And what about that mess with Isreal ?

Way to go George

I guess my sons will be getting drafted soon

"W" is my hero !!!
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by My Gluttony
      So what do you guys think abutthe way "W" and "Rummy" have been handling the Iraq fiasco?

Are you ready to agree that "W" invaded the wrong country.

Saddam was a tyrant, buthe was keeping the radical Muslims in check.

Look what is happening now. A full blown civil war.

Way to go, George

And what about that mess with Isreal ?

Way to go George

I guess my sons will be getting drafted soon
      How do you mean fiasco? You mean because we now know what has been going on all these years and that we finally got a chance to identify all of those who would do us harm? Was it better to live in blissful ignorence...believing that no one wold bother us if we just minded our own business? Did you know 4 years ago how many radical clerics there were in the world, who were patiently plotting to destroy our country? Aren't you glad that they are meeting us there instead of here? We would have spent almost as much money trying to appease those radical Muslims as we have to finally call them out and deal with them face to face.
      Jerry
      "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

www.dailykos.com explains my view on the subject quite well!
        When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Comment

I don't think "W" invaded the wrong country. I think the mistake he made is in not fighting a war to win. He's allowed the politicians to dictate military policy, rather than letting the military do it's job. We have enough air power to turn Baghdad into the equivelent of Dresden in 1945, but we don't have the will to do it. Until we do, our troops on the ground will be targets.

And as far as the situation in Israel that was created by the Humas, I think we should keep our noses out of it and let the Israelis handle it their own way.

Maybe when the Dem's take over we'll have a kinder, gentler nation that will extend it's tolerance to terrorists like Jimmy Carter in 1979, or Bill Clinton in Somolia. Why do you think the Muslims consider us to be weak? Our recent history has shown that we will pull out if the "insurgency" continues. So, lets take the Hillary Clinton/ Robert Murtha path, and retreat again, and prove the terrorists right. That'll strengthen our stance, won't it?
          Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Seems everyone forgot how many times we were sent to Iraq when Clinton was President. I remember spending a wonderful summer off the shore sending tons of planes over hostile territory in Iraq in 96. If 9-11 would have happened under Clinton we'd be doing exactly the same thing we are now.
            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I think we had iraq totally contained during, what was it(?) 10-12yrs of sanctions + bombing... but at a massive humanitarian price.

Saddam was hated by everyone else in the ME, and iraqis were generally feared for being ruthless... saddam's power was that he was able to control all the competing forces within the country. islamists couldn't even breathe there. Al-Qaeda and iraq were sworn enemies.

i guess we did a good job of undoing all that, against our own interests.
              Semper Fidelis

Comment

Originally posted by jerrymaccauley
                How do you mean fiasco? You mean because we now know what has been going on all these years and that we finally got a chance to identify all of those who would do us harm? Was it better to live in blissful ignorence...believing that no one wold bother us if we just minded our own business? Did you know 4 years ago how many radical clerics there were in the world, who were patiently plotting to destroy our country? Aren't you glad that they are meeting us there instead of here? We would have spent almost as much money trying to appease those radical Muslims as we have to finally call them out and deal with them face to face.
                I never suggested that we "live in blissful ignorance" or "mind our own business". I would rather we do what Reagan had done to Momar Quadaffi- Send a missle to kill his children.

Whatmade George Bush think that we could send soldiers into Iraq to convince them that they need secular, free society when they don't have the guts to fight for it themselves.

I don't care how may cops and soldiers Dynacorp "trains" in Iraq. The minute we pull out, the power vacuum will IMMEDIATLEY be filled by radical Mullahs and those who made the mistake of siding with us will be tortured and killed.

I have no problem destroying those who wish to do us harm, but we should be doing it from a distance and not putting our soldiers at risk. We will never win their "hearts and minds", so the best we can hope to do is kill them when they try to kill us

Comment

Could you imagine practicing law enforcement the same way? Just don't go into the bad neighborhoods because no one there likes you. Let the innocent and frightened fend for themselves. If we can't protect those who can't protect themselves, we are not the power we pretend to be. Ask the soldiers who return from Iraq if they feel they wasted their time. What made G.W. think we had to try was the pleas from those who were being tortured and persecuted. You didn't hear them? Did you know where Iraq was? Let's stay home and mind our own business. That's putting our head in the sand.
                  Jerry
                  "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Originally posted by jerrymaccauley
                    Could you imagine practicing law enforcement the same way? Just don't go into the bad neighborhoods because no one there likes you. Let the innocent and frightened fend for themselves. If we can't protect those who can't protect themselves, we are not the power we pretend to be. Ask the soldiers who return from Iraq if they feel they wasted their time. What made G.W. think we had to try was the pleas from those who were being tortured and persecuted. You didn't hear them? Did you know where Iraq was? Let's stay home and mind our own business. That's putting our head in the sand.
                    That is going on all over the third world.
                    There is still slavery in Sudan
                    They are killing female infants in China because the government forbids them to have more than one child
                    The world is an evil place and it is not our job to "police" it
                    We can't even police our own cities
                    You would think George Bush would have heard about the mistakes we made with our "police action" in Viet Nam, but then Bush was in a drunken stupor during that era while he was using Grandad prescott's and Daddy Goerge's influence to avoid combat

Comment

You would think George Bush would have heard about the mistakes we made with our "police action" in Viet Nam, but then Bush was in a drunken stupor during that era while he was using Grandad prescott's and Daddy Goerge's influence to avoid combat[/QUOTE]

At least he wasn't in a foreign country actively protesting against the U.S. as was Slick Willy during that time. Do I sense a little jealousy in your statement?
                      Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by DukeEdgar
                        www.dailykos.com explains my view on the subject quite well!

With all my anti-Masonic research, I don;t have the time to look over that entire website

Could you give us the Reader's Digest version?

Comment

Originally posted by keith758
                          You would think George Bush would have heard about the mistakes we made with our "police action" in Viet Nam, but then Bush was in a drunken stupor during that era while he was using Grandad prescott's and Daddy Goerge's influence to avoid combat
                          At least he wasn't in a foreign country actively protesting against the U.S. as was Slick Willy during that time. Do I sense a little jealousy in your statement?[/QUOTE]

Don;t get me wrong. I don't like that draft-dodging slime Bill Clinton any better

And after he slid his own way out of the draft, he was just attending rally's to get some hippy girls

It's hard to believe that a dirtbag like Clinton and a fine man like Pat Buchannan went to the same college (Georgetown)

Iraq is not a Democrat/Repulican/Conservative/Libeal issue
                          I would not call Pat Buchannan a liberal, would you?

http://www.amconmag.com/03_24_03/cover.html

And THAT was written in May of 2003
                          Last edited by My Gluttony; 08-07-2006, 06:16 PM.

Comment

The west has forgotten long ago how to wage war, so I guess we'll sit back and let the animals get their nuclear weapons to destroy us, which is what they're telling us they are going to do.
                            The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Originally posted by keith758
                              I don't think "W" invaded the wrong country. I think the mistake he made is in not fighting a war to win. He's allowed the politicians to dictate military policy, rather than letting the military do it's job. We have enough air power to turn Baghdad into the equivelent of Dresden in 1945, but we don't have the will to do it. Until we do, our troops on the ground will be targets.

And as far as the situation in Israel that was created by the Humas, I think we should keep our noses out of it and let the Israelis handle it their own way.

Maybe when the Dem's take over we'll have a kinder, gentler nation that will extend it's tolerance to terrorists like Jimmy Carter in 1979, or Bill Clinton in Somolia. Why do you think the Muslims consider us to be weak? Our recent history has shown that we will pull out if the "insurgency" continues. So, lets take the Hillary Clinton/ Robert Murtha path, and retreat again, and prove the terrorists right. That'll strengthen our stance, won't it?

Excellent post.....outstanding post....couldn't have said it any better.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4007 users online. 256 members and 3751 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X