300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush authorized the NSA eavesdropped inside the US

NEW YORK - The National Security Agency has eavesdropped, without warrants, on as many 500 people inside the United States at any given time since 2002, The New York Times reported Friday.

That year, following the Sept. 11 attacks, President Bush authorized the NSA to monitor the international phone calls and international e-mails of hundreds
    I believe forgiveness is Gods function; my job is to simply arrange the meeting.

And this surprises people??i ain't bad mouthing Bush or the Government,I would expect our Government to do stuff like this.
    FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

Does it surprise you that this comes from the most liberal organization/mouthpiece in the country?

.......don't believe everything you read kiddies.....
      An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

Originally posted by zap
        Does it surprise you that this comes from the most liberal organization/mouthpiece in the country?

.......don't believe everything you read kiddies.....
        Bush already admitted that he used the NSA to spy within the USA. They might be liberal , but they were right.
        I believe forgiveness is Gods function; my job is to simply arrange the meeting.

Comment

No...the issue is that it was some super secret plot.

I'm sorry...but I EXPECT international calls to be monitored in this day and time. Especially to suspect regions of the world. And, of course we need to listen when those calls are made to someone who may or may not be an opperative within the US. I think the fact that we have not been hit again is proof that the monitoring is doing what it is supposed to be doing.

I don't like it mind you....but understand its necessity at this point in history. I just think taking cheap shots along the way is just wrong.
          An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Comment

Communications Surveillance Foreign and Domestic

Right Decision, Wrong Rules
            [quote]The distinction between foreign and domestic in the mass collection of international communications is created by policy and law, not by technology. NSA collects international signals. This means that it collects both the foreign and the domestic end of a signal. The technology has not been changed to target Americans; the rules have been changed to release names already collected. Before September 11, when NSA reported on the interception of an international call between a foreign target and an American, the intercept would give the foreign target

Comment

Thanks for the post...that makes total sense to me.

btw...wasnt it Clinton who had a ton of FBI files on private citizens used for less than honorable intentions? (foggy memory there someplace)

Comment

The Justice Department has launched an investigation into the eavesdropping leak. I hope they find and prosecute the responsible party to the fullest extent of the law, I don

Comment

[QUOTE=LawEnfWB]The Justice Department has launched an investigation into the eavesdropping leak. I hope they find and prosecute the responsible party to the fullest extent of the law, I don

Comment

Bill of rights

Could it not be considered a breach of Amendment 4?

Comment

Originally posted by AnGardaSiochana
                      Could it not be considered a breach of Amendment 4?

I don't think so. First, there are war powers that support this use. Secondly...you are dealing with international calls. Naturally you have someone who might be a US citizen on one end of the line. There should be NO EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY THERE.

Comment

Originally posted by zap
                        Naturally you have someone who might be a US citizen on one end of the line. There should be NO EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY THERE.
                        so why dont we start putting up cameras in public restrooms too, and tapeing bathroom convos! might be plannin terrorism while takeing a poop ya know.... like, its an invasion of privacy man. bush is whiping his rear end with our bill of rights... whats more un-american or traitiorus then useing part of the constitution as toilet paper? the fore-fathers put that bill in there for a good d*mn reason, and i dont think it should be bypassed, or ignored for anyone's own personal or "protectional" use... as most conversation is done without phones, as the enemy knows that the phones are tapped...
                        Its like teaching a dog to run away from a treat, just before trying to get the dog to come to you, useing the same treat that scared it away.. American Ignorance.... we may be the "best" country in the world to some, but NO government is flawless.
                        "If a man works hard, honest, and respectfully and earns his money then he should spend it in any way what he chooses. However, the manner in which a man prioritizes his spending is what seperates the man, from the boy." -T.T.S.

Comment

How quickly we forget...

If anybody found out this was being done on 9/12/2001, the only public outcry would be why this was not being done previously. I believe that the president's actions were prudent, in the name of national security.

That being said, I do not see any harm in examining the criteria and procdure for implementing these wire taps. If there is a way to tweak things so that the citizen's reasonable expectation of privacy is preserved without significantly impeding intelligence gathering, great. But based on my analysis of the present situation, there is no need to turn this into a huge politicized investigation. The few isolated calls for impeachment are ridiculous.

Comment

thats what makes this country great... every body is entitled to their own oppinion, as long as that oppinion doesnt tread upon the rights of another. I LOOOVE my country... it just acts stupid some times i think. but then again.. doesnt everyone have their lil "moments" ?
                            "If a man works hard, honest, and respectfully and earns his money then he should spend it in any way what he chooses. However, the manner in which a man prioritizes his spending is what seperates the man, from the boy." -T.T.S.

Comment

Originally posted by vaseline
                              so why dont we start putting up cameras in public restrooms too, and tapeing bathroom convos! might be plannin terrorism while takeing a poop ya know.... like, its an invasion of privacy man. bush is whiping his rear end with our bill of rights... whats more un-american or traitiorus then useing part of the constitution as toilet paper?

.....another simply ignorant comment in my opinon

the fore-fathers put that bill in there for a good d*mn reason, and i dont think it should be bypassed, or ignored for anyone's own personal or "protectional" use... as most conversation is done without phones, as the enemy knows that the phones are tapped...

Yup....they did. Where does it say 'telephone conversation from foriegn states"? It doesn't....because there was no such thing. That means there must NOW be an interpetation based on the founding principles of the 4th amendment.

......and if I"m not mistaken...that interpetation has been determined that this is within the war powers granted our president when prudent.

Its like teaching a dog to run away from a treat, just before trying to get the dog to come to you, useing the same treat that scared it away.. American Ignorance.... we may be the "best" country in the world to some, but NO government is flawless.
                              *blinkblinkblink* what did that part just say???

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7906 users online. 324 members and 7582 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X