300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandaed Cell Phone Messages

There will be at least three levels of messages, ranging from a critical national alert from the president to warnings about impending or occurring national disasters to alerts about missing or abducted children. People will be able to opt out of receiving all but the presidential alerts, Genachowski said.

A special chip is required to allow the phone to receive the messages, and starting next all new phones will have the technology. Some smartphones already have the chip and software updates will be available when the network goes online later this year, Genachowski said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42966255...em-set-launch/

Great. Now I can get charged 25 cents every time some terrorist, yelling "Allahu Ackbar," shoots up a bunch of people or blows something up.

Of course, the message will say: "Let's not jump to any conclusions....."
    "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

I'll opt out and just keep paying attention to the news instead. There I can change the channel when the Napolitano or Obama come on to lie to me.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3790 users online. 245 members and 3545 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X