300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Marshalls?

I'm hearing on the news that they are considering hiring Air Marshalls again to fly in airplanes. This would be a dream job for me as I couldn't decide between flying planes or going into Law Enforcement. I chose LE.

Does anybody know who will be doing the hiring for these positions? Are they the same as U.S. Marshalls? Hired by FAA? Hired by the individual airlines? What kind of qualifications do you think they'll require?

If anybody can point me in the right direction, please do.

Gibbmusic
    Okay, just how big were those two beers sir?

There was a show on either Discovery or The Learning Channel about them. You may want to see if you can order a copy. There is probably a lot of info on the show.
    An axe can make any computer problem seem like hours of fun.

Comment

Regarding the FAA Air Marshals, they were in the begining USMS Deputies, then it was taken over by the US Treasury, USCS I believe. Then the Air Marshals were created. Below is a link to FAA info on them. Good Luck.

http://cas.faa.gov/fam.html

GOD BLESS THE USA.
      "We are but witnesses to the truth"

Comment

Well since the fed wannabes gave you bad info, maybe I can give you the straight shooter.

First off Federal Air Marshal's are apart of the Civil Aiviation Secuirty unit of the FAA. They were never apart of the US Marshal's service nor were they ever apart of the US Customs service.

The FAM's are Special agents assigned to the FAA and are under the 1811 job series. The civil aviation secuirty of the FAA was split into FAM and FAA Airport police until about 1988 when the FAA airport police was disbanded and airport security turned over to the municpalities and to the airlines.

Im still wondering as to how US Customs got involved into airport security....In the 3 years I had been an inspector, I never once did a security search for someone trying TO GET ON an airplane.
        "Police work gives you the test first, then the lesson"-Senior Trooper Robert Dent Oregon SP

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbmusic:
          ... This would be a dream job for me as I couldn't decide between flying planes or going into Law Enforcement...

Gibbmusic
          Gibbsmusic,

Hello there... we are in the same shoe LOL...

Actually, I have it a little easier as far as making the decision, because I am not a citizen so LEO opportunities=0 for me for the next few years hehhee... errrmmm

but flying will be great too
          Krisztian

Comment

Originally posted by zsolez:

Gibbsmusic,

Hello there... we are in the same shoe LOL...

Actually, I have it a little easier as far as making the decision, because I am not a citizen so LEO opportunities=0 for me for the next few years hehhee... errrmmm

but flying will be great too

Yes but your the same person who advocated breaking the law to come into the US.... Hmmm I remember you posting that on another board...
            "Police work gives you the test first, then the lesson"-Senior Trooper Robert Dent Oregon SP

Comment

loocpoc

start reading before you post something next time... perhaps I did not EVER advocated it. READ MY POSTS IF FULL then make comments. I clearly indicated what I advocated.

It is very convenient not to read but than stay away from posting as well.
              Krisztian

Comment

Yes you did advocate it.(non the less mention you came to this country illegaly on another board which I moderate) You are not a law enforcement officer, you are an illegal alien.

From the fellow moderater on the other board.

"Someone calling himself "zsolez" gave quite a bit of info on the immigration process - much of it good (keep trying, get an attorney, get a sponsor empoyer, etc.). What ****ed me off is that the guy advocated lying to the Immigration Inspector to gain entry, then committing marriage fraud by marrying a U.S. citizen JUST to obtain citizenship. Of course, as a former II, I'm biased, but I really don't think this is the kind of information/advice we need to give out on the board! Whether you agree with our country's current immigration policy or not, the law is the law, and what this guy advocates is ILLEGAL. I pointed this out to him, and he seemed unbothered by it, actually admitting that HE had entered the U.S. this way (and this guy wants to be a LE officer!). "

Please stay away from giving advice about an agency you dont know anything about or any sort of Law enforcement advice.

Comment

loopcop,

I don't believe this. It was me who posted those messages I don't change names not even on forums because I don't have to.

If you would just go back and read the original posts, which became very lengthy you would feel embarrassed. I did not expect YOU as a "Federal Agent" to post something that is so OFF.

The only explanation for your post to me is:

1. You did not read the posts, perhaps not all of them and none of them in full length.

2. It was long ago and you memories got mixed up.

Perhaps after you have made all these nice comments about me being an illegal alien it may be time to go back and double check on things.

I came here on a legal visa and am here on a legal WORK VISA, on an H1B. I have always maintained legal status. I have a wife who is not a USA citizen she came with me together from my home country. What are you talking about here being married to a USA citizen?

I did not advocate to lie to any LEO! In my posts I explained it in great detail what legal ways are available to enter USA. I gave my best advice to the gentleman who inquired about immigration and since than nobody gave him a better one nor has anyone closed that topic nor did I loose my member status from that forum BECAUSE I WAS RIGHT and I did not advocate anything nor do I represent anything you say.

I have a family, a stable work job, a 4 years USA degree, and nothing to hide.

I told myself you're not going to screw my day but sure you did.

GO BACK AND READ! It is on 911jobforums under the "Hireing Process" section.

I have looked into your posts here and in most cases you provide pretty good information I just can't understand how you made these comments?

Have a good one!
                  Krisztian

Comment

Loocpoc, stay away from telling members of this forum how to post. If you have a problem with zsolez because of his conduct at another forum take it up with him there, and not at this forum!

If this discussion continues along these lines between either of you this thread will be closed.

[ 09-14-2001: Message edited by: SpecOpsWarrior ]

Comment

Better yet, you two take it to email or PM. No more of it in any of the threads. Debate it at the other forum if you want.

Comment

Thanks guys, I was starting to wonder if my original question was lost in the woodwork there. I appreciate the help thus far but the FAA site is pretty scetchy when it comes to job details and requirements, etc.

If anybody can give some inside info on the job, let me know.

BTW, if you're gonna argue please take it to another area unless you are arguing about the question I asked. I got like 10 emails saying I had replys and 8 of them were you two idiots arguing.

Gibbmusic
                        Okay, just how big were those two beers sir?

Comment

Prior to this incident, I'd have told you that Air Marshal was kind of a shot in the dark, but something tells me there is going to be a lot of hiring soon in that area.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4640 users online. 274 members and 4366 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X