300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wars must be over...wohoo!!!!

I haven't seen/heard about a single public war protest since January. They must've ended when Bush left office...no more mass demonstrations. Either that or the protesters were partisan hypocrites but I know that couldn't possibly be the case.
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

They were against Vietnam which was started by a dem. However, the dems have been slowly getting dumber, sort of like evolution, just reversed lol

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
      They were against Vietnam which was started by a dem. However, the dems have been slowly getting dumber, sort of like evolution, just reversed lol
      Started by a Democrat (in fact, one of the Holy Trinity of Democrats), escalated by a Democrat, and ended by a Republican.
      Originally posted by kontemplerande
      Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

I should stage my own protest:

IRAQ WAR VETERAN, AGAINST WAR PROTESTERS!
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Code pink went to Afghanistan.

Our meetings have covered all kinds of topics, from military strategy to women’s rights to opium policy. We’ve learned about the need to not only train Afghan soldiers and police, but pay them a living wage (their $200 salaries can’t cover the basics for a family). We discussed the pros and cons of U.S. troops, and to our surprise, found very few people who would like the troops out now. Most say that the country would collapse into civil war or be taken over by the Taliban if the US troops were to leave. But that doesn’t mean they want MORE troops. In fact, most want to see a phased out withdrawal of foreign troops, accompanied by a reconciliation process. We’ve had endless talks about what that process should look like, and who should be at the table (including women so their rights don’t get further compromised!!!).

They're shocked.
          "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

It's amazing that this enlightenment came after January 20th...what a coincedence!
            Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop View Post
              It's amazing that this enlightenment came after January 20th...what a coincedence!
              Remember BC, everything thats done after Jan 20th is justified. Anything before that, was a mistake, and has led up to all the bad things Obama has to deal with today. Because Mr. President can't hold his own, and get his democratically controlled Congress to do ANYTHING. Seems it's all Bush's fault

Comment

No, no, no, no, we want them to protest . The 'mainstream' news won't cover it, but they will protest. Here's an article from the UK, since our rags are too cowardly too print it, stating the honeymoon is over and Obama is now in their crosshairs.

Even idiot Cindy Sheehan is in on it:

-"It was super-easy to hate George Bush. It was also easy to embrace Obama. But both emotions are irrational when the policies remain the same. We have to make it about the policy, not the person," Sheehan said.

Now it's about the policy and not the person?

Larry Syverson, father of an American soldier serving in Afghanistan:

-Obama's policy on Afghanistan has already been enough to make him angrily tear off the Obama bumper sticker he had put on his car. "Hell, if I'd ever vote for him again," he said.
                sigpic

" 'Blessed are the Peacemakers', is, I suppose, to be understood in the other world, for in this one they are frequently cursed." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

At least 2 anti-war protests since Jan09:

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/200...1/18580199.php

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/la...ti-war-protest

I heard about both of these on the news when they happened, but I just did a quick google search to get the links.
                  "The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5878 users online. 321 members and 5557 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X