Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSA Officers & LEOs

Hi
    I came upon this site and read something about an officer who couldent waite to pull over an officer (TSO). Because we now have badges & he thinks we will or might abuse it or use it to get out of a ticket. Listen... while our job is not as dangerous as an LEO we have to work hard to keep our badge! We are late to work...we get AWOL time on our perm record. We are held to strict guidlines on what we can and can not talk about. We have training everyday AND misuse of the badge would get an officer fired. You think we are gonna mess all that hard work up by showing off a badge that means zip outside the airport? Barely means anything inside the airport!
    The TSA is the largest govt agency- and the most hated next to the IRS! I have heard of one...two? incidents of someone in the TSA trying to get out of something with an LEO. Thats not so bad..so I think LEOs need to cut us some slack here. We have to wear what ever the feds tell us to. We didn't ask for a badge... and trust me it has little effect on the passengers we process everyday. They still treat us like ****.
    I HAVE gotten a speed in uniform & my father is a retired sheriff/detective. I didnt bitch or pull out his card- I just paid it. Take Care all

The airport police, airlines, TSA management, and public do not support TSO's. Didn't you get the memo? After two years of being a TSO, I thought you would realize that by now.

Comment

The problem is that everyone who flies has had some problems with the TSA. I have had more than one, including problems with supervisors who don't know the regulations (I actually read them when I have a question), and would prefer to ignore me while they gab with co-workers. And, despite their complaint procedures, complaints are ignored and not responded to. I sometimes think they are more difficult because they see my police ID, which I pack in my briefcase so I do not lose it on the conveyor belt.

I am not going to hold their occupation against them, but I am not going to do them any favors, either.
      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I know two TSO's personally. I know them because they applied with my agency, and did not get picked up due to criminal records
        “All men dream...... But not equally..
        Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
        but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
        for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

I should add that the ones I have encountered outside of large metropolitan areas seemed to better trained, more knowledgeable and more diligent in the performance of their duties. They also seemed, on average, to be older. Perhaps there is not enough of a salary differential for areas with a high cost of living.

Comment

Originally posted by fedmom View Post
            Hi
            we have to work hard to keep our badge! We are late to work...we get AWOL time on our perm record. We are held to strict guidlines on what we can and can not talk about.
            Is this supposed to be some sort of joke? You consider having to come to work on time and being told not to engage in inappropriate conversations having to "work hard" to keep your job? McDonalds has the same rules.

Comment

One or two incidents ???.... I can name about a dozen incidents that I was personally involved in. TSA personnel reckless, speeding, DWI, Suspended Licenses, etc. Might be because I work on a highway that leads to a major metro airport. But it is a lot more than 1 or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by 2971511 View Post
                One or two incidents ???.... I can name about a dozen incidents that I was personally involved in. TSA personnel reckless, speeding, DWI, Suspended Licenses, etc. Might be because I work on a highway that leads to a major metro airport. But it is a lot more than 1 or 2.
                I am referring to incidents of unprofessional behavior and misfeasance at the airport, when they were on duty.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                  The problem is that everyone who flies has had some problems with the TSA. I have had more than one, including problems with supervisors who don't know the regulations (I actually read them when I have a question), and would prefer to ignore me while they gab with co-workers. And, despite their complaint procedures, complaints are ignored and not responded to. I sometimes think they are more difficult because they see my police ID, which I pack in my briefcase so I do not lose it on the conveyor belt.

I am not going to hold their occupation against them, but I am not going to do them any favors, either.
                  I agree with you on the complaint procedures. A complaint box is located at a checkpoint where I work but its useless. The box has been collecting dust for the last two years and has probably never been opened. Complaints are ignored because those in upper management simply don't care. But then again, TSA isn't the only one having issues, it has to do with DHS as a whole.

Comment

tsa

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                    I am referring to incidents of unprofessional behavior and misfeasance at the airport, when they were on duty.
                    And the poin I'm trying to make is this. If I am just one officer, on one highway near a major airport, and I have seen or know about a dozen incidents, there must be a lot more nationwide, and it ges toa "pattern of behavior"....

I'm sure there are tons o incidents that we just do not hear about.

Comment

Hi
                      I The TSA is the largest govt agency-
                      Sorry I just have to ask where you obtaine this info from?

Anyway, any employee at any job whether you are a Walmart Cashier or a Stock Broker receives some type or reprimand for being "AWOL", etc. So what makes you different?

Side not. Change the profile. You are not a Federal Office. Yeah your badge may say so, but check your PD, you are a Transportation SecurityOfficer! And do a google search as TSA has had several contacts with LEO's and their badges!
                      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

And here I thought the US Department Of Defense was the largest government bureacracy.
                        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                          And here I thought the US Department Of Defense was the largest government bureacracy.
                          Top Five.....

--DoD
                          --VA
                          --DHS
                          --Treasury
                          --DOJ

http://www.bls.gov/oco/cg/cgs041.htm

Comment

Hi
                            I came upon this site and read something about an officer who couldent waite to pull over an officer (TSO). Because we now have badges & he thinks we will or might abuse it or use it to get out of a ticket. Listen... while our job is not as dangerous as an LEO we have to work hard to keep our badge! We are late to work...we get AWOL time on our perm record. We are held to strict guidlines on what we can and can not talk about. We have training everyday AND misuse of the badge would get an officer fired. You think we are gonna mess all that hard work up by showing off a badge that means zip outside the airport?
                            I have to do all of that at my jobs as well.

We didn't ask for a badge... and trust me it has little effect on the passengers we process everyday. They still treat us like ****.
                            There were a few tso's who posted here before they were issued badges, and yes they whined about not having a badge. What angers me is that tso's have badges, but BOP corrections officers, who are federal leo's, can not have badges because the BOP doesn't trust it's officers.

I HAVE gotten a speed in uniform & my father is a retired sheriff/detective. I didnt bitch or pull out his card- I just paid it. Take Care all
                            I certainly hope you didn't expect pc while wearing a tso uniform. That would be like giving pc to Paul Blart mall cop.
                            Those who believe, ye shall receive.

Comment

Another obstacle LEOs have to jump through is now the ridiculous scheduling and sending a teletype that we are travelling on official orders, like in doing an extradition. Schedules change, planes are late, and we often have to redo our travel as we go. I know on one occasion officers could not catch a return flight due to weather, and the airport police graciously allowed them to lock up the prisoner. However, next morning, they could not get onto a plane due to the afore-mentioned teletype expiring the day before.

Total ineptitude by the Feds. Just think about this: do you want your health care run by the same people who run TSA????

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2981 users online. 158 members and 2823 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X