300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HardBall View Post
    Why should I have to wait longer and possibly miss my flight?

Do you understand that I am a paying customer?

I am paying that person to be on time.

Anyone with a job knows the hazards of traffic.

Get your *** up earlier and deal with traffic..the way we all do...

Or, just cut the line in front of all those sheep. They'll just wait quietly and won't say anything...Baaa
    Perhaps you missed my earlier post.

How long have you been a dick????

We as LEO's have perks so do they. If you don't like it, perhaps you should consider changing your line of work to flight crew...or better yet:

WALK OR DRIVE TO YOUR DESTINATION.

By the way..why do you think you are so important? When you fly you are considered a soul...not even a person! Paying customer, non rev, commuter, deadhead what have you....you're not going to get there any faster than the crew can prepare the cabin.

Do you understand they don't get paid until the brakes are released? Do you think they care if YOU are on time or YOU make your connection?? Doubt it!

Grin and bear it......cuz it isn't going to change... HardHead err rather HardBall
    Last edited by deputy x 2; 12-31-2009, 08:02 PM.
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

It ain't going to change because punks like Dep and Bearcat (<< Mr. What if the queen had balls...) just take it...

Fact is boys, it is a very valid question. No one's time is anymore important than anyone else's time...If they have to be to the plane at a certain time, they should arrange for that. If, as Mr. Hypothetical proposes, occasionally a situation arises where they have to cut the line due to circumstances, that's understandable. But they do it every single time.

Further, I was on line at Dulles at 5:50PM. The night clean up crew was coming on. Yep, they all cut the line too. Maybe they had to walk from a urinal way on the other side of the terminal, huh Bearcat?

As for you Jeff..Don't cut around the security line at court. You may be cutting ahead of jurors and they may not like it. When you testify, you are being observed at all times, please be aware of that.
      10% of the cops do 90% of the work

Comment

Further, I was on line at Dulles at 5:50PM.
        Maybe if you had left the bar outside the Airport 10 mins earlier, you would have gotten there sooner then the night cleaning crew...?

Further, if you think you are that important, perhaps you go up to one of the MWAA LEOs and ask them if you can jump right in front of everyone after you pull your badge out..... Guess how far that will go with those folks...?

God...what a whiny beeeach.........

Comment

It ain't going to change because punks like Dep and Bearcat (<< Mr. What if the queen had balls...) just take it...
          Hate to break it to you but the queen does have BALLS!!!

No you've got it all wrong, BearCat and I understand...the world doesn't revolve around us. And when I fly..it REALLY doesn't bother me that the flight crew uses the fast lane.

Can you read and comprehend at the same time??? There are sometimes two lines, one for passengers and one for employees.

Can you figure out what line YOUR supposed to be in????? Clue number one...it's not the one marked "employees".

Sheeshhh..come on Hardhead the clue phone is for you!!!!
          Last edited by deputy x 2; 12-31-2009, 09:38 PM.
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Wrong thread I replied too.. whoops...

Comment

Originally posted by fedmom View Post
              Hi
              They still treat us like ****.
              Funny how Karma works- aint it?
              "When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ... like God must feel when he's holding a gun. " Homer Simpson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laidoffdep View Post
                Airports will contract with local agencies to provide law enforcement. Not all airports have "airport police".
                Detroit Metro Airport last I knew was still contracting with Wayne County Sheriff who provided an "airport police unit" who were just deputies working the airport. May have changed but that was only as far back as Nov. or Dec. 08.
                "When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ... like God must feel when he's holding a gun. " Homer Simpson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blargh
                  I'm sure, but it's very repetitive lifting, and to be honest, not often done in a safe manner, as opposed to at the gym. I can't fault the TSA too much, there are a looooooot of work related injuries.
                  Yeah, loot is the right term for sure..

Comment

After reading All these stories I am so happy I do not have to wait in the TSA line anymore and deal with this BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                      Did they give you special attention after seeing your creds?
                      I've been given special attention by TSA when they saw my creds, and I was flying unarmed.

Also there are at least two cops in the UK who have been tinned by a TSA Officer. The tube over here sometimes sets up random metal detector arches and people walk through them... Unless, it seems, you're a TSA Officer on holiday.
                      It is not the bullet with your name on it you have to worry about it is the one that is marked to whom it may concern.

Comment

• Originally posted by CWCDiver View Post
                        I've been given special attention by TSA when they saw my creds, and I was flying unarmed.

Also there are at least two cops in the UK who have been tinned by a TSA Officer. The tube over here sometimes sets up random metal detector arches and people walk through them... Unless, it seems, you're a TSA Officer on holiday.
                        Special attention how? And why show your creds?
                        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                          Special attention how? And why show your creds?
                          Taken aside for SSSS, then a TSA supervisor came to check I wasn't armed. I didn't show my creds, they found them...
                          It is not the bullet with your name on it you have to worry about it is the one that is marked to whom it may concern.

Comment

• Originally posted by blargh
                            The TSA officers at the gate generally have nothing to do with making you an SSSS. So you should have been getting extra attention from the start, did they give you extra special attention after they found the badge?..
                            Extra attention because he has a badge? If you are not flying armed, there is no reason to show TSA your badge.
                            "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• A couple of years ago when I was still local, I was flying out of DCA after seeing the ex.... I had to leave earlier than planned....hence a ticket change.....

I shipped my stuff back UPS still d0but had my badge on me in my book bag....

Got to the Check Point 0and I knew I was going to get anal probed without a reach around because I changed things at the last minute.

Black female Screener is digging through my book bag (only carry-on I had) as I was taking shoes off...and she found my badge. She looked around....and asked me if it was real. I told her yeap.... look at the ID with it...it's legit.

She shook her head...mumbled some real good curse words under her breath.......told me to forget about the rest of the sh it...tossed my stuff in my bag and let me go.....

When I was leaving she was still cusing.....

Comment

• Originally posted by blargh
                                The TSA officers at the gate generally have nothing to do with making you an SSSS. So you should have been getting extra attention from the start, did they give you extra special attention after they found the badge?..
                                Well the TSA guy wrote SSSS on my ticket after he found it, so I would say that was pretty special attention...
                                Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                                Extra attention because he has a badge? If you are not flying armed, there is no reason to show TSA your badge.
                                As I said earlier, I didn't show it to them, they found it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4514 users online. 262 members and 4252 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X