Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agency ripped for killing a terrorist

Very interesting article.

The GWOT requires full commitment. You can't start it and then lose patience, or worse, lose perspective and become complacent.

Pay attention to what I put in bold and underlined.

Agency ripped for killing a terrorist
    'Why do they think we are in Pakistan – to drink tea?'
    Posted: November 25, 2008
    10:18 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

LONDON – Agents for Britain's MI6 intelligence agency have come under fire for a successful raid in Pakistan that resulted in the death of a top suspect in a British terror case, according to a report from Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin.

Rashid Rauf, on the Top 10 most wanted list of al-Qaida terrorists, fled from his native Birmingham four years ago to become one of the terror organization's key operatives. He was wanted for masterminding the plot to smuggle liquid bombs onto American airliners from London's Heathrow airport to the U.S.

But following a raid that resulted in his death, MI6 has been flooded with demands from senior members of Parliament to know why MI6 participated. The criticism has left John Scarlett, head of MI6, enraged.

A source close to the Secret Intelligence Service said, "We have expended a huge amount of money and manpower at great risk to our agents to locate Rauf. When we finally do so, we have our politicians attacking us. Why do they think we are in Pakistan – to drink tea! If this is how they want us to fight terrorism, then we might as well throw in the towel."

The chairman on the Parliamentary Committee on Human Rights, Andrew Lismore, insisted: "This is a serious matter, particularly as the attack was based on intelligence from our Security Service."

Patrick Mercer, long a critic of MI6, added: "This raises the question of how much cooperation British intelligence provided in what is ultimately the execution of a British subject." He has called for the government to "explain its policy in such matters."

The dispute also has alarmed Michael Hayden, the head of the CIA, who has encouraged MI6 and British Special Forces to become deeply involved in hunting terrorists in Pakistan.

"The fear is that if the MPs push too hard, the British government will have to rein in MI6 and that could have a seriously detrimental effect on the war on terrorism," a London-based U.S. intelligence officer said.
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Anyone who has long been a critic of their nation's intelligence services or military shouldn't be quoted by responsible news outlets. As far as the idea of "Executing" a terrorist, I hope someone has the good sense to beat that particular politician about the head with a dictionary. An execution is when you make a specific and directed attempt to end someone's life. I'd bet most of a paycheck that everyone involved in that operation would have prefered to get their hands on that scumbag while he was still drawing enough breath to point them in the direction of the other terrorists.

Comment

lol

same thing here in the US, everyone sorta wants to go get the bad guys, as long as its convenient...people who wear suits dont like hearing about anyone else getting dirty...

and dont forget these tangos always trow up their hands and go quietly right?

the last line in the article says it all.

GWOTR is a unconventional war, you dont win unconventional wars by fighting back conventionally, you have to "out G the G" (RIP COl. Hackworth) you become dirtier, sneakier and nastier, end of story.
      Last edited by Mstangfk; 11-29-2008, 01:06 AM.
      In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

This is why a politician should only be allowed to run for office if they have served in the military.

Comment

Originally posted by RCKoutWurGLKout View Post
          This is why a politician should only be allowed to run for office if they have served in the military.
          Yes... THIS!!!!!!! I'd love to see the day this gets amended!

GWOTR is a unconventional war, you dont win unconventional wars by fighting back conventionally, you have to "out G the G" (RIP Col. Hackworth) you become dirtier, sneakier and nastier, end of story.
          I'd love for people to get this into their head, because we can be, just the STUPID BLIND PEOPLE don't get it!!!!!

Comment

MI6 has been flooded with demands from senior members of Parliament to know why MI6 participated.
            Not according to Britain's Sunday Times: "Senior MPs from both main parties said they would be asking if British intelligence knew the CIA was planning the attack."

The chairman on the Parliamentary Committee on Human Rights, Andrew Lismore, insisted: "This is a serious matter, particularly as the attack was based on intelligence from our Security Service."
            It's the "Joint Committee on Human Rights" and the chairman is Andrew Dismore.

The Times, which knows how to spell Dinsmore's name correctly, quotes him as saying "This is a very serious matter, particularly if the attack was based on intelligence provided by the British security agencies."

Pay attention to what I put in bold and underlined. You gotta take Joseph Farrah with a large lump of salt.

Looks Like the Brits were ticked off at the CIA over Rashid Rauf before he got whacked. Seems we got the Pakistanis to scoop him up while MI6 was still building a case on him. And then the Paks let him go ...

Comment

Originally posted by RCKoutWurGLKout View Post
              If that were a good idea, I think it would have occurred to Thomas Jefferson, et al.

However, Patrick Mercer, the Member of Parliament whose name was spelled correctly, served 25 years in the British army, according to his Wikipedia entry. Says he did nine tours in Northern Ireland and was twice the target of IRA assasins. Wonder if that influenced his opinion of MI6?

Comment

Originally posted by Seventy2002 View Post
                If that were a good idea, I think it would have occurred to Thomas Jefferson, et al.

However, Patrick Mercer, the Member of Parliament whose name was spelled correctly, served 25 years in the British army, according to his Wikipedia entry. Says he did nine tours in Northern Ireland and was twice the target of IRA assasins. Wonder if that influenced his opinion of MI6?
                As far as the Thomas Jefferson remark, I imagine that if Thomas Jefferson saw the deplorable state of our country in the various aspects of economy, society, etc, he would be ashamed of such a deplorable state it currently resides.

I feel that civil service in the form of LE or military should be a prerequisite for any political office, and LE for any judge/lawyer capacity.

Less liberal hug-a-thug, don't-shoot-the-bad-guy-because-he-has-rights too politicians and judges. Less innocent civilians and officers killed.

Comment

one of my personal pet peeves is no where in the constitution does it say we reserve the rights granted to citizens to POW's (they have thier own set of rights) or in this case international criminals, that have not been in the US, how can we offer rights to non citizens, makes no sense..
                  In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

Originally posted by zombo
                    Indeed, Thomas Jefferson was president when women couldn't vote, and slavery was legal... If he saw the country today, he may indeed think it's deplorable.

Regardless, there's much more to running the country, I'd rather have a successful businessman in charge than a former soldier or cop, and luckily, we can vote according to our views. Perhaps someone's been reading too much Heinlein...

By the way, Jefferson was never a soldier, but he was a lawyer!

As for the topic at hand, every death should always be investigated, but as impartially as possible; considering Rauf's line of work, such a violent end to his life is not to be unexpected.

You know what I mean. Equality for Women and all races is different than the horrible immorality of our country right now. Broken families, aborted children etc etc.

No, I don't like Heinlein...I just think that anyone who has given their time and risked their lives in service of this country is more likely to realize what it takes to preserve this nation rather than run it into the ground....

You say you'd rather have a business man, but look at what the majority of our politicians are right now, business men and women...the ones that like lobbyist money...not what's right for our country. So, I think I'd rather have my civil servant first, than one vested in their own interests.

Comment

awesome, way to pick aart an argument and only argue the parts you want..

point is, common sense has gone out the window in favor of political correctness.

it will be the end of the USA as (some of us) know it.

Comment

Originally posted by zombo

I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one, business persons are actually the third most common previous profession. Indeed, public service is a more common previous occupation (lawyers are first, of course).
                        sorry being a politician since college and/or being a lawyer is NOT the same type of public service as the military or police/fire etc..

nice try.

Comment

I did a little research on the sheepdog VS sheep thing. Zombo, your a sheep. If you really want to know why I call you a sheep and not anything else, do a little research, you'll understand and might learn something.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                            I did a little research on the sheepdog VS sheep thing. Zombo, your a sheep. If you really want to know why I call you a sheep and not anything else, do a little research, you'll understand and might learn something.
                            why not link it to him...

and who is in your avatar?

Comment

Here ya go

Should be interesting the replies....
                              “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4360 users online. 273 members and 4087 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X