300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get real....

You really are here just to stir it up and start crap, aren't you...

Get real..... err.... grow up... whichever suits you.
    1*

Comment

LOL that's great...and true

Comment

Yeah I dont get it......

Is this poking fun at one of the presidential noms?
        This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

well, considering BOTH "believe" in a Christian God, it would be poking fun at both...

I believe this is meant to poke fun at Christian Republicans...

Which is funny in my mind.. no one pokes fun at Jews, Muslims, Hindu, etc for believing in a God(s)...

I don't know... it's starting to look like I'm going to really have to use that ignore function o.com gives us...
          “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by Chit2001 View Post
            You really are here just to stir it up and start crap, aren't you...
            Don't you think it makes for some of the most interesting threads?? It'd be awfully boring if everyone agreed all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by -Erik- View Post
              Yeah I dont get it......

Is this poking fun at one of the presidential noms?
              It's conveying the idea of the problems associated with legislating matters of religious belief.

Comment

Separation of church and state.

Ok.. I believe in letting people believe what they want to believe. I hope and pray there is a higher being and there is life after death. But I believe in factual evidence above all else. I have discussed evolution with the most fanatic of religious folk and have backed them all the way up until the eyeball of the Human being. That is the only organ that has yet to be explained by evolution. So they got 99.5% of the body right.

I know posting this might make a few heads spontaneously combust but here it goes:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/questionofgod/why/index.html
                "Against the machinations of your enemies you can take defense, but against the stupidity of fools, the very gods themselves fight in vain" ~ Johann C.F. Von Schiller

"Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind. With such persons, gullibility, which they call faith, takes the helm from the hand of reason, and the mind becomes a wreck."
                --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I'd suggest people take more time to interpret the OP, rather than shoot opinions from the hip.

Comment

Originally posted by GrndPnd0311 View Post
                    Separation of church and state.

Ok.. I believe in letting people believe what they want to believe. I hope and pray there is a higher being and there is life after death. But I believe in factual evidence above all else. I have discussed evolution with the most fanatic of religious folk and have backed them all the way up until the eyeball of the Human being. That is the only organ that has yet to be explained by evolution. So they got 99.5% of the body right.

I know posting this might make a few heads spontaneously combust but here it goes:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/questionofgod/why/index.html
                    Interesting. So, to paraphrase your post; you're saying that the eyeball is the one organ that can't be explained through the process of evolution? Did it evolve and change, or was it the same eyeball? Is that right?

Comment

Sadly there are enough holes in both arguments to have "fun" with. The interesting thing about science is, it does require faith. A theory is put forth based on evidence observed, partial facts gathered, etc. However, it's called a theory because there's not enough evidence to make it fact. So we believe a theory to be true until proven or disproven. One should'nt be criticized for having faith, after all, Columbus* had faith the world was round and everything worked out alright for him.

*Insert revisionist historical figure here.

Comment

Originally posted by JaseFifty1 View Post
                        Don't you think it makes for some of the most interesting threads?? It'd be awfully boring if everyone agreed all the time.
                        Thank you sir! thats what makes the law & politics area so fun. We come here to discuss differing point of views. But it seems if some people dont agree or like what you post they put you on the ignore list...Ohh well

Comment

Is there a way to see if you're ignored?

Comment

Did I just find out?

Comment

Originally posted by PB3021 View Post
                              Sadly there are enough holes in both arguments to have "fun" with. The interesting thing about science is, it does require faith. A theory is put forth based on evidence observed, partial facts gathered, etc. However, it's called a theory because there's not enough evidence to make it fact.
                              Reminds me of one of my favorite 'Onion' articles,

Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity With New 'Intelligent Falling' Theory LINK

After all, it is only a theory, right?

So we believe a theory to be true until proven or disproven. One should'nt be criticized for having faith, after all, Columbus* had faith the world was round and everything worked out alright for him.
                              I don't think Columbus had any doubt that the earth was 'round' (actually spherical). This fact, based on scientific evidence, had already been established. It wasn't a blind leap into a dark chasm. The purpose of his voyages was to find a westward route to India, around the spherical world.
                              Last edited by JaseFifty1; 08-06-2008, 10:00 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5440 users online. 302 members and 5138 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X