300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone explain...

To me why, Exxon mobile shows record profits, American's are driving millions LESS miles, and it isn't price gouging? I don't understand.

Originally posted by Hoosier_Boy View Post
    To me why, Exxon mobile shows record profits, American's are driving millions LESS miles, and it isn't price gouging? I don't understand.
    What I don't understand is how Exxon profits this time about 6 years ago were around 4 billion and gas was $2.70 less a gallon (estimate,). Now that gas prices are up about $2.70, their profits have jumped to around 11.4 billion. I just hope all the money they are making, compared to 2002, is worth the destruction of the airline and auto industries.
    "The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become."

Comment

Explain? That's capitolism, my friend. Profits by evil corporations are REINVESTED back into drilling and exploration this case.

BTW, they make an evil $.16 per gallon proffit for producing an extremely valuable and needed product.

Your government, makes $.65 per gallon profit from that same gallon,for producing nothing. Just who is the evil corporation here and whom is not?
      The All New
      BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
      Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
      - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Ok so how can the evil oil companies only make .16 cents per gallon, and still show record profits with the USA using less and less fuel.

I'm not trying to be obnoxious, I really just don't understand.

Either way, I'm still putting fuel into my vehicles.
        Last edited by Hoosier_Boy; 08-02-2008, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Don't forget the millions of other drivers in other countries that also use products from Exxon.
          Retired LASD

Comment

Ok so how can the evil oil companies only make .16 cents per gallon, and still show record profits with the USA using less and less fuel.

I'm not trying to be obnoxious, I really just don't understand.

Either way, I'm still putting fuel into my vehicles.
            That's because the $.16 is profit AFTER reinvestment. It's the true income for stockholders and employees and executives. That is real profit - the records numbers you speak of are from the falsely inflated prices due to speculating. Don't bget me wrong - they'll gladly take it - but it is almost all reinvested, not taken "into their pockets" so to speak.

And this all has been caused by congressional and presidential policies of not drilling and not competing with the rest of the world. If we would start drilling here and now, in a few years, this will all seem like flatulance in the wind and the market will once again become competative with record LOW gas prices.
            The All New
            Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
            - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

So basically the Demo's need to get off their *****es and sign some papers so we can use what is ours...

Comment

So basically the Demo's need to get off their *****es and sign some papers so we can use what is ours...
                X10! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                The All New
                - M1Garand

Comment

Drilling should probably be allowed, but I think the states should be allowed to decide if they want drilling in their state (Alaska) or off thier shores (east/west coast states). If states vote to allow drilling, it should be agreed upon that they will receive zero dollars in federal aid to help clean it up if an accident occured.
                  "The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become."

Comment

Hoosier Boy,

I'm going to refer you to a post I wrote last month regarding this very topic. I hope it's easy to understand..... I think it will explain to you just how money is made.... and who is actually getting rich. Please keep in mind that although Exxon reported record earnings, they also PAID RECORD TAXES. In fact, they paid more taxes last year than any company..... anywhere..... AT ANY TIME EVER...

Hope you get something out of this: http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=19
                    1*

Comment

Looks good, Thanks Chit

Comment

I like looking at it like this...

There are 42 gallons of oil in a standard tradeing barrell.

At $136 a barrell, that is roughly $3.21 a gallon.

the price of Gas is around $4.

That means from the time the stuff is yanked from the ground, it gets shipped across the planet, refined in an incredibly expensive factory, quality tested, shipped again to a customer who is selling it for a profit, ontop of all the state and federal taxes on each gallon

All for about 60 cents over the cost?

I can't complain.

M-11
                        “All men dream...... But not equally..
                        Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                        but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                        for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Well.......except that one gets approximately 20 gals of gasoline for each gallon of crude. That's 840 gals of gasoline from each barrell.

Either way, you are right in that gasoline is still and incredible bargain and convenience we have all come to appreciate more these days.

The obscenity remains that the BPs and Exxons make 16 cents a gallon while the US government gets 60 cents for producing nothing.
                          The All New
                          - M1Garand

Comment

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Just in case you missed it.

IF............you THINK that the oil being drilled in the U.S. is gonna affect your gas prices, you're wrong

IF............you THINK that the oil being drilled here in the U.S. is not gonna get exported to relieve the oil prices world wide, you're wrong.

Again, high gas prices are here to stay. Get over it. Buy a small car.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                              That's because the $.16 is profit AFTER reinvestment. It's the true income for stockholders and employees and executives. That is real profit - the records numbers you speak of are from the falsely inflated prices due to speculating. Don't bget me wrong - they'll gladly take it - but it is almost all reinvested, not taken "into their pockets" so to speak.

And this all has been caused by congressional and presidential policies of not drilling and not competing with the rest of the world. If we would start drilling here and now, in a few years, this will all seem like flatulance in the wind and the market will once again become competative with record LOW gas prices.
                              [bold highlite mine]

Great plan. But a plan 20 years too late; the Caspian Sea Basin is lost to China and Russia, thanks to GHWB, JC, and GWB; all to blame for their lack of foresight, and their terrible foreign diplomacy tactics. Those who invested in this fiasco (control of future oil & gas), are beginning to regret it as they watch their money disintegrate.

Both dems and repubs are one and the same 'dog' act in the 3-ring circus.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3300 users online. 161 members and 3139 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X