300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ludacris' Obama song

Huh... wonder what his motivations are for supporting Obama?

"The first black president is destined and it's meant to be, the threats ain't phasin' (sp?) us, the nooses or the jokes, get off your a** black people, it's time to get out and vote. Paint the White House black and I'm sure that's got 'em terrified..."

Wow, what a politically educated person who is also calling Bush "mentally handicapped". Bravo Mr. Cris, bravo.

Huh... wonder what his motivations are for supporting Obama?
    It appears to be Sabotage.
    ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

Well I do think Bush is a touch mentally handicapped, lol

But so are a lot of rappers.

Comment

Found the song on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHb3Ic1hVfI

Ludacris is probably my favorite rapper.

OMG-this video is hilarious
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdYuW6Xc4uA
        Last edited by NextCapCop; 08-01-2008, 01:41 AM.

Comment

I'm laughing at this whole situation. People must be blind not to realize the true motivations behind this song.

To sell music.

This song did everything it was designed to do, it caused controversy, and it grabbed the media's attention. The more people say not to listen to it, the more people who will rush to hear it. The more the media talks about it, the more CD's Ludacris will sell. He was smart and he did an excellent job and he will make lots of money, which was of course his only goal.
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
            I'm laughing at this whole situation. People must be blind not to realize the true motivations behind this song.

To sell music.

This song did everything it was designed to do, it caused controversy, and it grabbed the media's attention. The more people say not to listen to it, the more people who will rush to hear it. The more the media talks about it, the more CD's Ludacris will sell. He was smart and he did an excellent job and he will make lots of money, which was of course his only goal.
            X2 That, and to sabotage Barack Hussein Obama (not Osama)'s campaign.

Yet another community "hero" chimes in. Hillarious.
            The All New
            BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
            Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
            - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

I don't care what his intent was, I'm just offended by the song.

Comment

If you're offended by this rap song, you should've heard my collection in the 90's...

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Rappers (and to an extent, "rockers") have been doing this thing for a looooong time.

I might not like the lyrics, but this whole situation is stupid. Why pay attention to it? If you don't agree, don't listen/pay attention.
                  “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by LeanG View Post
                    If you're offended by this rap song, you should've heard my collection in the 90's...
                    +1...

The Luda song was ok...
                    sigpic

Comment

Christopher Bridges aka Ludacris is very intelligent with releasing this song. Like people said above... to him it's about MONEY, and he is making lots of it.

Kudos to Luda. I despise most rap music but he does have some good stuff.

Comment

I guess I just get fed up with political ignorance but ok then...

Comment

Lol, the news media is taking time to report on a random rapper making a political 'diss'? Wow, its good to know the integrity of the industry remains pure. And, of course, that was sarcasm...

Lol, I'm surprised nobody in this thread has claimed Ludacris is a "black leader" yet...

Comment

Obama is also briefly mentioned in the Three 6 Mafia song "Lolly"...

They don't really make a political statement, tehy just threw the mention in there to make it rhyme I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPat View Post
                              Obama is also briefly mentioned in the Three 6 Mafia song "Lolly"...

They don't really make a political statement, tehy just threw the mention in there to make it rhyme I guess.
                              Politicians and political figures have been mentioned, dissed, and praised in rap songs throughout the past 30 years. Is it really newsworthy now?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4221 users online. 240 members and 3981 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X