300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JMTX View Post
    Ruby and Scratched are two peas in a pod...They're just peas with different viewpoints, lol.
    Well, Scratched is right and Ruby is wrong.
    The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

• Well, Scratched is right and Ruby is wrong.
      I think they're both wrong.

And I think they're both a bit over-bearing.

Comment

Midnight, you still miss the point. I'm not going to worship a god I don't like, and who's teachings I don't agree with, just based on the chance that he *might* be capable of sending me to hell when I die if I don't.

That's called selling out, and there's no honor in it.

If you TRULY believe what the bible teaches, then by all means be a Christian.

If you DON'T agree with those morals, and you practice them "just cause God said so and I don't want to go to hell", then that's wrong.

It's like obeying the law. I obey the law because I agree with it...not just because I don't want to go to jail. I can't really think of ANY illegal acts that I believe *I* would want to do. (I can think of some that should be legal for others...but they aren't acts that I would personally participate in.)
        1st. You don't rate to talk to me about honor. Honor varies from one person to another, there is no point to discussing it. Not really as its completly subjective, but just so that you know. From what I know of you (especially the things you post on these forums if these are your real beliefs) you fall outside of "Honor" and may as well gotten your description out of a cracker jack box.
        Speak to me about "honor" when your life has been in danger because of it or you've sacrified something other than time spent arguing for it. After you've been beaten to a bloody pulp for it. When you're shivering at 3 in the morning on a moutain with an M-16 in your hand or sweating in a jungle hoping "..these mosquitoes don't have malaria do they" talk to me about honor. When you have actually done something "Honorable" for a purpose higher than yourself and your self imposed "morals"
        Holla at me.

2nd. I think its you who missed the point I did describe it in the terms you suggest as a metaphor for the law.

3rd. Your views of right and wrong are umm... elementary at best, I point to the example of you view on animal vs. human life, or children when you have none.
        Futher I call shennaigans on agreement with the law and dieties in general.
        You can overthrow a government but not a diety. So its moot to a degree, but:
        If you're the one who finds the path you go on and decides what wise and foolish, if its you who sets the morals (without guidance) why have the farcity of gods at all? Why not just say "I" believe.
        Its your choice to not to believe or not but its absurd to judge motives on "Why" people believe. or follow the law.

If I don't kill because it wrong to kill. good
        If I don't kill because "God says nu-uh" good
        If I dont' kill because "Omg! I dont' wanna go to jail!" good

Ends matter, means don't mean nothing.

I'm done discussing these things with you.
        Back to saving America.

Hey is the op guilty of a logical fallacy?
        Isn't removing liberals then asking will liberal views just get like minded veiws?
        I mean if he could keep the libs out. Doesn't make sense.

Ultimately the question is "What will save America" I wonder does everyone feel like the U.S. is in peril?
        They will all look up to me and shout, "Save us!", and I will whisper back... "No."

LAW is not JUSTICE

Comment

• Ends matter, means don't mean nothing.
          Means are EVERYTHING. Why and HOW you do something is infinitely more important than what you actually do.

Its your choice to not to believe or not but its absurd to judge motives on "Why" people believe. or follow the law.
          It's not absurd. Why you believe or follow the law is the MOST important thing. I'd rather meet someone who breaks the law for the right reason than someone who obeys for the wrong ones.

Honor varies from one person to another,
          Honor to me is almost synonymous with honesty.

Why not just say "I" believe.
          I do say "I believe". I've always been very upfront about the fact that my morality doesn't come from Deity. Deities are just random astral entities with a little bit of "pull" in the cosmic scheme of things. They don't have anything to do with morality.

the things you post on these forums if these are your real beliefs
          You know good and well they're my "real beliefs". We've talked about them in person. Why in the world would I say them if they weren't true?
          Last edited by JMTX; 07-31-2008, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Prayer in public schools is a direct violation of the Constitution.
            Long time ago (but after the Constitution was written), someone decided that it was a violation. It actually isn't. Sorry to burst all the anti-prayer in school peoples' bubbles. I'm not even saying I support organized prayer in school.... I'm just saying that it does *not* violate the Constitution.

If you're referring to the separation of Church and State, it has nothing to do with it. Separation of Church and State was originally put into the Constitution because our Founding Fathers did not want to see what happened in England to happen here.... which is the Church ruling all forms of government (executive, legislative, and judicial). That's a fact.... but many seem to mold it into what *THEY* believe is right. I support all of the Constitution, which means I support the fact that you *can* interpret it however you want, but it doesn't mean that was the way it was written.

Just sayin.
            1*

Comment

• I wonder does everyone feel like the U.S. is in peril?
              No, I don't particularly feel like we are in peril. No more so at least than we've ever been.

Comment

• Originally posted by midnight_v View Post
                1st. You don't rate to talk to me about honor. Honor varies from one person to another, there is no point to discussing it. Not really as its completly subjective, but just so that you know. From what I know of you (especially the things you post on these forums if these are your real beliefs) you fall outside of "Honor" and may as well gotten your description out of a cracker jack box.
                Speak to me about "honor" when your life has been in danger because of it or you've sacrified something other than time spent arguing for it. After you've been beaten to a bloody pulp for it. When you're shivering at 3 in the morning on a moutain with an M-16 in your hand or sweating in a jungle hoping "..these mosquitoes don't have malaria do they" talk to me about honor. When you have actually done something "Honorable" for a purpose higher than yourself and your self imposed "morals"
                Holla at me.

2nd. I think its you who missed the point I did describe it in the terms you suggest as a metaphor for the law.

3rd. Your views of right and wrong are umm... elementary at best, I point to the example of you view on animal vs. human life, or children when you have none.
                Futher I call shennaigans on agreement with the law and dieties in general.
                You can overthrow a government but not a diety. So its moot to a degree, but:
                If you're the one who finds the path you go on and decides what wise and foolish, if its you who sets the morals (without guidance) why have the farcity of gods at all? Why not just say "I" believe.

If I don't kill because it wrong to kill. good
                If I don't kill because "God says nu-uh" good
                If I dont' kill because "Omg! I dont' wanna go to jail!" good

Ends matter, means don't mean nothing.

I'm done discussing these things with you.
                Back to saving America.

Hey is the op guilty of a logical fallacy?
                Isn't removing liberals then asking will liberal views just get like minded veiws?
                I mean if he could keep the libs out. Doesn't make sense.

Ultimately the question is "What will save America" I wonder does everyone feel like the U.S. is in peril?
                +1
                He teaches my hands to make war,
                so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
                Psalms 18:34

Comment

• Don't be a hater SPC

Comment

• Just read my tag!......

Comment

• I love you too Snookums!

Comment

• She just called you snookums, spc...
                        1*

Comment

• What God Father was it when the guy wakes up with a horse head in his bed? I don't think I have ever been so insulted in my life!

Comment

• Originally posted by SPC-1 View Post
                            What God Father was it when the guy wakes up with a horse head in his bed? I don't think I have ever been so insulted in my life!
                            The first one.

For your lack of Godfather knowledge, your opinion is completely discredited

Comment

• Ouch. Fair enough though.

Comment

• wow, remind me never to watch the Godfather.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4447 users online. 275 members and 4172 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X