300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
    This post is not intended for liberals. This is only for those of us who believe in God, stand for our Flag, believe in our Military, and are patriotic - the real patriotic.

What do you believe is going to save our country? Liberals with all of their "I can do ANYTHING I want as long as it feels good to me?" or those with more conservative values?

Again, I don't want to hear from liberals or anyone that falls outside of the listed group. Thank you in advance for not ruining this thread.
    Jim D. Adkisson shares your sentiment. Maybe you can be his pen pal.
    ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
      NO TOFU on my BBQ though
      I've always wondered, what part of the toe IS the fu?
      “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

BigPat,

I assume that you are referring to the separation of Church and State.

I see the separation of Church and State as preventing the establishment of a State Religion.

I don't advocate requiring anyone to pray. Just allow those that wish to express their beliefs to do so openly. That's why we have freedom of religion. If you don't agree, just don't paricipate.
        ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JMTX View Post
          We need to learn to "agree to disagree" and stop being so divided amongst ourselves.
          Great idea. I agree with you. But....

Originally posted by BigPat View Post
          Also, you may want to check into moving to a country like Iran that might be more to your liking. The Iranians are certainly more "god-fearing" then Americans, and they certainly fight against those "do anything liberal values." You really should look into it.
          Originally posted by jonesy515 View Post
          Seriously? Even after it's been proven beyond doubt that Bush lied about the reasons we invaded Iraq, you still think it was a good idea, and that he is a God-fearing man?

I hate to say it, Trooper, but if you really believe this war was begun after careful deliberation and thoughtfulness... you are a sucker.
          Originally posted by BigPat View Post
          Imposing outdated superstitions on children isn't going to do anything but stifle critical thinking.
          It's working really well so far, wouldn't you say?
          “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

Originally posted by ABC144 View Post
            BigPat,

I see the separation of Church and State as preventing the establishment of a State Religion.

I don't advocate requiring anyone to pray. Just allow those that wish to express their beliefs to do so openly. That's why we have freedom of religion. If you don't agree, just don't paricipate.
            Kids in school already can pray on their own if they choose to. They can still have religious groups in schools as well. What isn't allowed is religious indoctrination nor the endorsement of specific religions by schools, as it shouldn't be.

Comment

I don't advocate requiring anyone to pray. Just allow those that wish to express their beliefs to do so openly. That's why we have freedom of religion. If you don't agree, just don't paricipate
              Ah, I see. So you mean to say that you believe in prayer in general, as opposed to Christian prayer? And that those who aren't of that religion should just not participate?

So you would be ok with there being a Christian prayer one day, a Muslim prayer the next, a buddhist prayer the day after, a wiccan prayer the next day, a Jewish prayer the day after that?

Comment

Since you want prayer in schools, I take that to mean you do not support the constitution.
                Just because I believe that prayer would be a good thing you assume that I don't support the Constitution? The part that I am willing to die for my country doesn't mean anything to you? I guess you stopped reading and immediately started to bash the Christian.

freedom from government sanctioned religion
                I believe that we are also given the right to freely participate or not to participate in our religion of choice.
                ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

Just because I believe that prayer would be a good thing you assume that I don't support the Constitution? The part that I am willing to die for my country doesn't mean anything to you? I guess you stopped reading and immediately started to bash the Christian.
                  Our constitution guarantees that the government won't endorse religion...ANY religion. If you don't agree with that statement, you obviously don't support the constitution.

I pay my taxes, and as such I have a right to know that time in school is being spent on education and not on religion.

Why should an atheist child have to listen to prayer in a PUBLIC school?

Comment

Originally posted by JMTX View Post
                    Why don't we just stop defining ourselves in such narrow terms? It isn't as if everyone falls into two groups. I feel like I'm smack dab in the middle of both groups, and I couldn't possibly fathom why everyone wants to hate on each other so much.
                    Actually, I think your probably more conservative than you think, at least you'll end up that way in time. You used to drive me up the wall with some of your posts, but at least your not arrogant about it (like Ruby).
                    The reason theres so much resistance to liberals is because they use the courts and laws to force themselves on others. The vote doesn't matter, if it doesn't go their way they go to a court and its imposed on all. Hell, liberals don't even think we ought to have a say on who is allowed in our own damn country.
                    The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

JMTX...

Ah, I see. So you mean to say that you believe in prayer in general, as opposed to Christian prayer? And that those who aren't of that religion should just not participate?

So you would be ok with there being a Christian prayer one day, a Muslim prayer the next, a buddhist prayer the day after, a wiccan prayer the next day, a Jewish prayer the day after that?
                      Yes, each should be free to decide which he/she would participate in. If you don't agree with the particular theology, just don't participate. I've never been one to Bible bash. I prefer to educate on the subject and let each decide for himself.
                      ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

Actually, I think your probably more conservative than you think, at least you'll end up that way in time
                        Actually, I'm totally aware of how conservative I am. I've been telling ya'll that for months. But there are *some* people on here who call me a liberal because of my views on abortion, gay rights, the military, and religion.

I've mentioned this before, but I took a fairly lengthy quiz a while back about conservative vs liberal viewpoints, and I came out 65% conservative/35% liberal.

Comment

Would you support educating students about religion?
                          ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

BigPat,

Interesting point. I suppose people should be allowed to pray in school. As long as its not a disruption, to your peers or your teachers or your education.

Bears further thought...

as does what will save the country...give me a couple hours.
                            They will all look up to me and shout, "Save us!", and I will whisper back... "No."

LAW is not JUSTICE

Comment

JMTX...

Yes, each should be free to decide which he/she would participate in. If you don't agree with the particular theology, just don't participate. I've never been one to Bible bash. I prefer to educate on the subject and let each decide for himself.
                              Children can pray on their own in schools all they want. You are advocating that public schools indoctrinate children in a particular religion. That is unconstitutional.

I found it odd that you postulate prayer is a solution to America's problems, when much of the morality of the Bible (and to be fair most other religious texts) is absolutely abhorrent.

Comment

Would you support educating students about religion?
                                Sure, provided it is done in the context of educating people about the various world religions, and as long as no one religion is advocated.

When I was in school, we got all that in Geography class. We did an overview of all world religions in that class my Freshman year.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4612 users online. 285 members and 4327 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X