Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report: Repairing U.S. bridges would cost $140 billion (Eh, who cares?)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Repairing U.S. bridges would cost $140 billion (Eh, who cares?)

Oh please, who cares about the safety of US bridges? I mean sure our family, friends and loved ones frequently go over bridges in their travels but so what? I sleep better knowing that US taxpayers are funding the construction, repair and upkeep of the bridges in Iraq.

And so what if all the US bridges could be repaired for a fraction of we spend in Iraq in a month? Who cares?!

Bend over and take it like a good taxpayer.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/28/bri...ort/index.html

Story Highlights:

- Group says almost one in four bridges structurally deficient or needs fix or widening

- Report: Average age of bridges is 43 years; most designed to last 50 years

- Report notes country's bridges are safe, but calls for investment

- Funding issues prevent states from keeping "bridges sound indefinitely," report says
    Last edited by BrickCop; 07-28-2008, 12:56 PM.
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

The reality is there is nothing sexy about bridge repair so politicians won't bother addressing it. No politician was ever elected running on a campaign of bridge repair.
    ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

Comment

Originally posted by SkepticAlways View Post
      The reality is there is nothing sexy about bridge repair so politicians won't bother addressing it. No politician was ever elected running on a campaign of bridge repair.
      Sad but true.
      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

The same holds true for pretty much any publically-owned infrastructure. Quite a bit in the private sector as well. For example, how many colleges race to build new buildings, when the existing ones need repair?

Quite honestly, I would think that the total to fix America's bridges would run quite a bit higher.

Comment

Originally posted by farewelltonavy
          Yea those liberals want money for bridges too ...what's next? Money to fix the broken school system? Money for healthcare ? Man, libs need to be stopped right now...

Let's reelect W again...technically he's been elected once, so I guess he can do another term right?
          The who "re-elect W" campaign is stupid. He's not running again, McCain is, huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
            The who "re-elect W" campaign is stupid. He's not running again, McCain is, huge difference.
            Huge difference? Not when it comes to US border security or Iraq.

Comment

Sad thing is..... I'd actually vote for W over both these liberals..... and GWB is a liberal himself, just *less* of a lib than the two in question.

Sad days, I tell ya...
              1*

Comment

Originally posted by Chit2001 View Post
                Sad thing is..... I'd actually vote for W over both these liberals..... and GWB is a liberal himself, just *less* of a lib than the two in question.

Sad days, I tell ya...
                I'll bite- how is that dope W a lib? Granted he belives in lax borders but his unrelenting hard on w/Iraq isn't Lib- like.

Comment

I can only think of two or three issues where Bush has stood firm as a conservative. Iraq, the death penalty and gun rights. Thats about it, everything else he has caved on.
                  I heard the other day he's approving billions more for AIDS in Africa, on top of the billions already sent. Rediculous! Those funds should stay here to rebuild the highways, which is something everyone American uses.
                  The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Originally posted by farewelltonavy
                    Yea those liberals want money for bridges too ...what's next? Money to fix the broken school system? Money for healthcare ? Man, libs need to be stopped right now...

Let's reelect W again...technically he's been elected once, so I guess he can do another term right?
                    Filthy libs...

Comment

Originally posted by DaLAW View Post
                      Filthy libs...
                      If spending US taxpayer dollars on US infastructure means you're a Liberal then I'm a proud flaming Liberal to the nth degree.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5875 users online. 323 members and 5552 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X