Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama (not Osama) Too "Busy" to Visit the Injured?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama (not Osama) Too "Busy" to Visit the Injured?

Imagine my shock that Barack Hussein Obama (not Osama) chose not to visit our injured troops on his ridiculous PR campaign, complete with all three "unbiased" news anchors.

What a despicable thing to do. Zero class. I remain......
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Man,I would love to see your face expession if Obama wins...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
      Man,I would love to see your face expession if Obama wins...

Or his pension check, when the economy tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
        Or his pension check, when the economy tanks.
        http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/07/...ess/24econ.php

When? As if we're on the brink of Utopia now. If Obama wins, he'll get blamed for the economy. But blaming him is like someone farting on the elevator and then the next guy who walks in getting blamed for it. Oh well...

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
          Imagine my shock that Barack Hussein Obama (not Osama) chose not to visit our injured troops on his ridiculous PR campaign, complete with all three "unbiased" news anchors.

What a despicable thing to do. Zero class. I remain......
          Wounded. Injured is like when you fall off the roof putting up Christmas lights

Comment

lol Jet. I caught your humor there...
            1*

Comment

Originally posted by DaLAW View Post
              http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/07/...ess/24econ.php

When? As if we're on the brink of Utopia now. If Obama wins, he'll get blamed for the economy. But blaming him is like someone farting on the elevator and then the next guy who walks in getting blamed for it. Oh well...
              Agreed.

With the American economy in the condition it's in, we'd have to go back many administrations; both democrats and republicans who are one and the same party.

Comment

Why do you keep writing Obama {not Osama]?????

Comment

Sigh... for a long time Trooper was a bit more "colorful" and was flattly calling BHO "Osama". Someone called him out on it, so now he makes sure we know who he's talking about. "Obama (not Osama)" and "Osama (not Obama)"

As far as him not visiting my wounded brothers and sisters... well, he did have time to go to the gym....
                  “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

The interesting thing is that had Obama visited the wounded with his election detail (since the Senate detail portion of his trip had concluded and the Senators went home), someone would've posted that he only visited the wounded troops as some sort of a photo op........

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Sooooo, since he didn't visit them, what are we to conclude, that he doesn't care about the wounded?

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanG View Post
                      The interesting thing is that had Obama visited the wounded with his election detail (since the Senate detail portion of his trip had concluded and the Senators went home), someone would've posted that he only visited the wounded troops as some sort of a photo op........
                      As I understand it, that was about the Pentagon's only request. No cameras, no press to go in with him so it wouldn't be turned into a campaign event. Even though I don't agree with Obama, I'm sure there are wounded Soldiers there who feel otherwise and would have gotten a morale boost from a visit.
                      Last edited by velobard; 07-28-2008, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by farewelltonavy
                        W quit golfing to honor the wounded, and Obama doesn't have the common decency to go visit the wounded...how dare he.
                        Bush slips over to visit Reed quietly on a regular basis. He just doesn't seek attention for doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by velobard View Post
                          Bush slips over to visit Reed quietly on a regular basis. He just doesn't seek attention for doing so.
                          My Visit to Walter Reed Army Medical Center
                          Tuesday, April 12, 2005

http://obama.senate.gov/blog/050412-...ter/index.html

I didnt believe it at first myself but this one was off of Fox news:
                          Obama Quietly Visits Veterans at Walter Reed
                          by Associated Press
                          Saturday, June 28, 2008

Obama, McCaskill Plan Military Hospitals Bill
                          From the Obama campaign here is a list of some of the things McCain voted against, “Obama Voted for and McCain Voted Against $360 Million for Armored Vehicles for Troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. In 2005, Obama voted for and McCain voted against providing $360.8 million for armored tactical wheeled vehicles for units deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan and $5 million to establish ballistics engineering research centers at two major research institutions. The measure against which McCain voted also required such centers to advance knowledge and application of ballistics materials and procedures to improve the safety of land-based military vehicles. [HR 2863, Vote 248, 10/5/05, Passed 56-43: R 13-42 D 42-1 I 1-0]”

McCain voted twice against repealing the capital gains tax cut and applying the savings to replace equipment used by the Army and Marines in Iraq and Afghanistan, “A week later, prior to the issuance of a conference report regarding that measure, Obama voted for and McCain voted against a measure to “insist that conference report include funding to strengthen America’s military, as contained in Senate-passed amendment, instead of any extension of tax cuts for capital gains and dividends (which do not expire until 2009), as contained in House-passed bill.” [HR 4297, Vote 8, 2/2/06, Passed 44-53: R 1-52 D 42-1 I 1-0; HR 4297, Vote 18, 2/14/06, Failed 45-55: R 1-54 D 43-1 I 1-0]”

McCain voted against providing an additional $322 million for troop equipment and body armor. [S 1689, Vote 376, 10/2/03, Passed 49-37: R 46-0 D 2-37 I 1-0; National Journal’s CongressDaily, 10/3/03]. He also voted against $1 billion in new equipment for the National Guard. . [S 762, Vote 116, 4/2/03, Passed 52-47: R 51-0 D 1-46 I 0-1]

McCain also has numerous votes against increased funding for veterans’ health care. [HR 4297, Vote 7, Failed 44-53: R 1-52; D 42-1 (ND 38-1, SD 4-0); I 1-0; 2/2/06 HR 4939, Vote 98, 4/26/06, Passed 84-13, D 41-0; R 42-13; I 1-0; The Independent Budget, A Budget for Veterans by Veterans, 2/10/06; Newsweek, 1/19/06] McCain did vote for tripling veterans’ health care fees, while he opposed increased funding for veterans’ health care.
                          "Against the machinations of your enemies you can take defense, but against the stupidity of fools, the very gods themselves fight in vain" ~ Johann C.F. Von Schiller

"Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind. With such persons, gullibility, which they call faith, takes the helm from the hand of reason, and the mind becomes a wreck."
                          --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I was reading this site and came across some interesting stuff. "Thats left wing trash!". Yeah, but its all supported by facts and evidence, so:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/blogent...puz5STgLeVwBLu

Like I said before, its cool to be against Obama if you have valid reasons. However, for some people, as I said before, they wouldn't be satisfied with Obama unless he was hanging from a tree. For SOME people, its not even about Obama as a politician, its about him as a man and they have proven willing to betray their own logic simply for the sake of condemning him. Hate like that knows no bounds...

Comment

Originally posted by Chit2001 View Post
                              lol Jet. I caught your humor there...
                              haha good! I edited in the little smiley, since deadpan doesn't always come off the best online...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3984 users online. 280 members and 3704 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X