300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Security & You; Perfect Together

Immigrants 65 or older can now apply for SSI and Medicaid and get more than a U.S. citizen born in the 1920s. For example, a typical American born in 1924 with a median income who worked from 1944 to 2004 receives only $791 a month. Incredibly, the federal government provides a single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890. In addition, each immigrant can obtain $580 in social assistance for a total of $2,470 a month. This contrasts to a single American taxpayer who, after contributing to the growth and development of this country for 40-50 years, receives a monthly maximum of $1,012 in old-age pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement. Maybe U.S. citizens who have paid into the social security fund over a lifetime should apply as refugees!

Does anyone have any doubt why our social security fund will be running out of money soon?

I'd have to see it to believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkis View Post
      I'd have to see it to believe it.
      Don't believe it. It's your loss.

Comment

Where did you find this information? I'm curious. Not that it would surprise me though. What are the qualifications for the payment?

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
          Does anyone have any doubt why our social security fund will be running out of money soon?
          Nope.

I was told from a very young age never to rely on the government for anything..... especially SS, because *I* won't be getting a dime out of it.
          1*

Comment

Sorry Stormy.

See Snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/refugees.asp

Snopes.com says this information is FALSE.

Please stop perpetuating this lie. There are plenty of TRUE things to complain about. This isn't one of them.
            Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
            Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
            A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

It is another lie. http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/refugees.asp

How long will it be before the folks will wake up to the fact that they are lied to again and again and again to trick them into supporting slimeballs.

Comment

Originally posted by Chit2001 View Post
                Nope.

I was told from a very young age never to rely on the government for anything..... especially SS, because *I* won't be getting a dime out of it.
                +1

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5292 users online. 298 members and 4994 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X