Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thompson announces Presidental Committee!!!!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thompson announces Presidental Committee!!!!!

All I can say is "Hell YEA!" Fred Thompson announced that has formed his Presidential Exploration Committee, the first step to officially announcing a run for the nomination. I'm a political guy but never really got into actually volunteering for a campaign. This time, I'm on my way down to the local campaign office to spend some time working for Fred.
    Originally posted by kontemplerande
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

A candidate that everyone can get behind, I think. He's got an excellent chance. I too will be looking into helping the campaign out.
    For every one hundred men you send us,
    Ten should not even be here.
    Eighty are nothing but targets.
    Nine of them are real fighters;
    We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
    Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
    And he will bring the others back.

Comment

Everyone can get behind him? Bull.

He should've stuck with Law and Order.
      -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Whoops - I mean everyone but you.....

I was more or less referring to the party as a whole, since they have yet to line up behind one guy to support him to win, something I think is required.....

I knew you wouldn't like him, Djack. It's okay.
        For every one hundred men you send us,
        Ten should not even be here.
        Eighty are nothing but targets.
        Nine of them are real fighters;
        We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
        Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
        And he will bring the others back.

Comment

I think i would vote for him lol. idk is it me or does he look alot older? i think he would look better like he was in the Days of Thunder movie more stern look and all.

Comment

Isn't he seriously ill or something? Besides mentally, I mean...
            shepherdess extraordinaire

"Man stands in his own shadow and wonders why it is dark."- Zen proverb

Comment

About as seriously ill as McCain or Giuliani. He has a very treatable form of cancer that is in remission and expected to stay that way. He announced that about a month ago just to defuse it as a campaign issue.
              I think his resume is a little thin and Senators always have a tough time because the legislative game requires supporting bills sometimes that you may not agree with, but there is still a record there.
              All said, I am more enthusiastic about Thompson than I have been about any candidate since Reagan. And I voted for him twice (three times if you count 1988).

Comment

well, I'm not about to vote for the guy but I'm glad to hear about his health not being awful
                shepherdess extraordinaire

"Man stands in his own shadow and wonders why it is dark."- Zen proverb

Comment

I like the things I hear about Thompson. I think Romney has better leadership experience, but an interesting "conservative" record and Thompson seems to have a pretty steady "conservative" record, better name/face recognition, but less (no?) leadership/executive experience. At this point I would be inclined to support either one. We'll see what happens in the next 18 MONTHS.....
                  He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
                  -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                  -- Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by (S)Sgt Elmer View Post
                    A candidate that everyone can get behind, I think. He's got an excellent chance. I too will be looking into helping the campaign out.
                    I can't get behind anyone on either side who will not immediately end this BS war.

I am not hearing this from most Republicans.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post
                      I can't get behind anyone on either side who will not immediately end this BS war.
                      And then what...? You think we can just stop fighting and pull out...? Do you realize how long it will take to get our crap out of there....?

Do you realize that as we are doing that....we will be getting fired upon...?

Do you realize that once we leave, that place will be a breeding ground for Terrorists that want to do harm to the US and her Allies....?

We need to start what we finished......

And before you say anything.....I was over there the first time when Daddy Bush should have ended things but was too much of a wuss to do so.....

And, I have plenty of friends over there......and have been to a few funerals.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post

I am not hearing this from most Republicans.
                        Agreed. Just watched "Green Berets" on National Geographic Channel. Very frustrating to see such good people killed for what seems like a "Groundhog Day" scenario where they keep going out and fighting the good fight with a serious lack of resources, no administrative plan, and no end in sight. I would love to see these troops get to come home and see their families before they get killed.

Comment

Sorry, I am very leary of actors turned politicians and vice versa. I think everyones "love" for him to be the next Regan (on the Republican side) is making him into the equivelant of Hillary Clinton.

This ought to be an "interesting" election.

Although I give a kudos to McCain for his remarks at the RNC debates. He was the only one who did not think it was a great idea to torture people.

-1 for Romney and his failed attempt to back track with his renaming toture.

-10 for Rudy and his "9/11" references.
                          Ever feel like you live in the state of confusion?

Comment

McCain needs to be taken out back and eliminated (politically speaking anyway) for McCain-Feingold. Romney isnt pro-gun and I've never heard anything interesting come from him. Giuliani is anti-gun and were it not for 9/11 he would be a disgraced politician with no career left.
                            Thompson is funny as all get out, connects well with the Republican base, and is right on all the issues (in every sense of the term).

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                              And then what...? You think we can just stop fighting and pull out...? Do you realize how long it will take to get our crap out of there....?

Do you realize that as we are doing that....we will be getting fired upon...?

Do you realize that once we leave, that place will be a breeding ground for Terrorists that want to do harm to the US and her Allies....?

We need to start what we finished......

And before you say anything.....I was over there the first time when Daddy Bush should have ended things but was too much of a wuss to do so.....

And, I have plenty of friends over there......and have been to a few funerals.....
                              First, let me say that I am sorry for your loss of any friends. I too am a Gulf War Vet and got out shortly after the last one.

Second, I understand your point that if we left that all sorts of hell would break lose. But in the opinion of many this war is unwinable, much like Vietnam was. So, we could leave, or least start preparing to leave now with 3,500 dead. Or we could leave in four years from now with 7,000 dead and be no better off. Trust me, we won't be better off. As for the place being a breeding ground for terrorists, well, that situation was create by GW, who should have never invaded in the first place.

Finally, You say that Bush 41 should have " finished the job". Not to insult you but I have heard people say this before and they have no idea what they are talking about. The job was to expell saddam from Kuwait and we were successful at doing that. Anything else would have been a gross violation of international law and at least Bush 41 knew that. We were called in to help defend another nation, which is a legitimate use of force under the UN. Deposing a dictator of a Sovereign nation , however, is absolutely not a legitmate use of force under the UN.
                              Last edited by Ex Army MP; 06-04-2007, 12:44 PM.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3457 users online. 219 members and 3238 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X