300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Richardson

The guy made it official today and, frankly, there's a lot to like about this guy.

First, he has way more experience than all the other Democrats for President and more than the three front runners combined. He was in Congress for 15 years, was the Secretary of Energy, Ambassador to the UN and is currently the Governor of New Mexico. He's the only Democratic Governor with experience as an executive which, in my opinion, is much more important that experience as a legislator.

Here are some of his accomplishments that have impressed me:

1. The guy won the State of New Mexico, a traditional red state, by 69 %, which speaks to his ability to bring people on both side of the isle together.

2. He's done a nice job with the economy down there. In fact, both the Cato Institute and Forbes magazine credit his policies for Albuquerque becoming the number one city for business and careers and he is considered to be one of the most fiscally responsible Democratic Governors.

3. New Mexico was the first state to create a $400,000 death benefit for New Mexico National Guardsmen while he was Governor.

4. Legalized medical marijuana. Regardless of how you feel about this, I think it took a lot of balls for a future Presidential candidate to take a stand about something he believes in, knowing that it could late have an adverse impact.

5. Has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize four times for negotiating the release of hostages in North Korea, Iraq and Cuba. Most recently he negotiated the release of a hostage charged with espionage in Sudan.

These are just some things that impressed me. Oh yeah, he was almost a professional baseball player and has an excellent sense of humor.

What's not to like?

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Okay...where's the camera. C'mon...where is it?

Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post
    The guy made it official today and, frankly, there's a lot to like about this guy.
    You're kidding, right? This would be laughable if not for your sincerity. Sorry, but...

1. The guy won the State of New Mexico, a traditional red state, by 69 %, which speaks to his ability to bring people on both side of the isle together.
    And...he supported that cowqrd Kerry for president. Judgement????

2. He's done a nice job with the economy down there. In fact, both the Cato Institute and Forbes magazine credit his policies for Albuquerque becoming the number one city for business and careers and he is considered to be one of the most fiscally responsible Democratic Governors.
    HE did this? Or, did hejust happen to be the sitting governor when BUSINESS did this?

4. Legalized medical marijuana. Regardless of how you feel about this, I think it took a lot of balls for a future Presidential candidate to take a stand about something he believes in, knowing that it could late have an adverse impact.
    OMG! Just ask DEA and California state dope guys how good their program is going. What a farce.

5. Has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize four times for negotiating the release of hostages in North Korea, Iraq and Cuba. Most recently he negotiated the release of a hostage charged with espionage in Sudan.
    So was Arifat. And Jimmy Carter. The Nobel Peace Prize is another farce and strictly a liberal feel good quid pro quo system. Please.

[These are just some things that impressed me. Oh yeah, he was almost a professional baseball player and has an excellent sense of humor.

What's not to like?
    Sense of humor? Well that clinches it! Sign him up!
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

[QUOTE=1042 Trooper;881683]You're kidding, right? This would be laughable if not for your sincerity. Sorry, but...

And...he supported that cowqrd Kerry for president. Judgement????
      Then I guess I can't support a Republican because they all supported that idiot Bush. You know, the one that didn't go to Viet Nam. And you call Kerry a coward?

HE did this? Or, did hejust happen to be the sitting governor when BUSINESS did this?
      Reread what I wrote. I said that Forbes Magazien and Cato institute, not me, directly credit his policies with New Mexico's good economy. Besides, if their economy was crap you'd probably blame him for that. You can't have it both ways.

OMG! Just ask DEA and California state dope guys how good their program is going. What a farce.
      Yeah, because someone who wants to smoke a joint or two to alleviate pain is such a criminal, right? The only reason the government wants to keep it illegal is because it takes $$$ out of the pockets of Eli Lilly and Merck. Why don't you ask all the families of all the people that killed themselves who were on Prozac and other anti-depressants how they feel about these things? But of course, that stuff is perfectly legal.

The bottom line is that Richardson has had a distinguished career in public service and has more experience than any candidate on either side of the isle. Check his record out before you bash the guy.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

The guy seems a tad "Howard Dean" like in some of his pictures on his official site. However I think he is one of the better picks for them Dems. If the their smart they'll run a person who will actually work for the people and follow through what they say.

Enough of the Hillary/Obama media coverage. Run someone who will do the job right.
        Ever feel like you live in the state of confusion?

Comment

Vote Republican

Long live Bush......

Fred Thompson for PREZ!!
          "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyirishman View Post
            Long live Bush......

Fred Thompson for PREZ!!
            10-4 Good buddy.

I think Bill Richardson is the lesser of many evils on the Dim side. However, he has about as much chance of securing his party's nomination as Tom Tancredo has securing the Rep nomination. So, tis a mute point to debate his merits. The Dims will get an Obama/Clinton ticket.
            He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
            -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
            -- Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyirishman View Post
              Fred Thompson for PREZ!!
              That's who I'm voting for......

Comment

As far as Dems go, other than his Iraq stance, i doont find much wrong with Richardson....He'd appeal to a LOT of Independants, and even to some Republicans..which is WHY he cant win... Hillary wont allow that. The Dems have already started on hism with the Mild Scandal about his Lt Gov and her allegations of "Improper Touching"..although, to be realistic, that's usually a BONUS for a Democrat....

Personally Im a Fred Man myself..although people are going to be dissapoint4ed if they think he'll be Reagan Reincarnated..fred's NOT that dynamic a guy, but, that said, he's a good, solid conservative, with, to my knowledge very few if any skeletons..so far the only thing they've managed to try and smear him with was playing a racist in a movie over 2 decades ago. His wife is DAMn cute as well..that sly old dawg!!!!

Given the choice between say Giuliani, and Richardson....i'd have to go Richardson, if for no other reason than the 2ns Ammendment issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                  That's who I'm voting for......

Me too. Go Fred!

"The Ruskies don't take a dump, without a plan, son."

One of Fred's lines from The Hunt for Red October.
                  The All New
                  BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                  Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                  - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by rugermk2 View Post
                    The Dims will get an Obama/Clinton ticket.
                    You can say that again. They were media darlings from moment 1, and the media believes THEY elect politicians now more than they ever might have before.

I knew that when Chris Matthews, during coverage of the 2006 election, said "We really did it" when referring to the democratic gains in that election. They aren't really afraid of showing their bias.

And their bias, is all Clinton/Obama, all the time.
                    For every one hundred men you send us,
                    Ten should not even be here.
                    Eighty are nothing but targets.
                    Nine of them are real fighters;
                    We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
                    Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
                    And he will bring the others back.

Comment

Fred Thompson may not be Ronald Reagan, but at least he's headed in that direction. Go Fred!

Comment

Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post

What's not to like?
                        Really? Why don't you Google "Nobel Prize nominations" and see what you learn. I did it when the CA murderer Stanley "Tookie" Williams was headed for his dirt nap and all the movie stars and other limo liberals were trying to prevent his execution, stating that Williams, too, had been nominated four times for the Nobel Prize.

In a nutshell, Nobel Prize nominations are kept secret for 50 years. For peace prizes, past recipients, elected officials, and social science college professors make the NPP nominations by just writing a letter...so if anyone tells you that Richardson was nominated, Richardson was probably told it by the person who wrote the letter, and therefore, it does not have any real weight to it.

One of our local talk-show guys has a couple of friends in congress, in response to the Tookie claims, he, too, had one of his congressional friends to write that nomination for the NPP...for a while his show was touted as the only AM Radio talk show, "nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize!"
                        "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

I don't think I could vote for him. He gave some speech and did half in English and half in Spanish. If he is going to do that for speeches I can't imagine what else he is going to make Spanish.
                          "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Originally posted by LCPLPunk View Post
                            I don't think I could vote for him. He gave some speech and did half in English and half in Spanish. If he is going to do that for speeches I can't imagine what else he is going to make Spanish.
                            Actually, Richardson's Border stance is Pretty good, IIRC..he was one of the first to realize the need to the Guard to supplement the BPS I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Group 29 View Post
                              Fred Thompson may not be Ronald Reagan, but at least he's headed in that direction. Go Fred!
                              Hoorah! Go Fred!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2023 users online. 136 members and 1887 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X