300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers of Support for LA May Day Officers

Despite the media it appears that LA officers are under attack. It appears that Officers are not supported by their departments or the public. The media and politics seem to rule the day in LA. East coast newspapers read that the officers attempted to disperse a crowd of legal pro immigration protestor. Officers allegedly responded to attacks off bottles and rock throwing by using rubber bullets. At least one officer was knocked off his bike by unruly protestors. The media alleges officers’ targeted illegal immigrants and pro immigrants. Well I wonder was there anyone else that didn’t fit that category at the demonstration that officers left alone? I am sure Officers didn’t go around taking a survey of the protesters believes or status in the US. I am sure the officers were also sent there on order by their supervisors or above. It is a disgrace that the media in LA is so anti law enforcement and that the politicians and authorities respond so quickly to the negative coverage by removing officers from their current assignments. Especially since it is noted that the officers that responded were an elite well-trained and experienced unit. My heart is saddened that these officers have been treated as they were and it seems LA has a history of bending to media. I am not ignorant and know that there are some bad officers on the job. There is no way on earth that you can convince me that there were so many bad officers that responded to the 5/5/07 demonstration. As for the news reports that moaned the overhead helicopter that gave the lawful order for the crowd to disperse was not understood by the crowd because the order was issued in English. Any reasonable person would disperse a peaceful demonstration once they seen violence was occurring. In my opinion the responding officers acted within the color of law and shame on the authorities who put them there and then coward to the negative media after the fact. My prayers are to all the officers who are falsely being accused of improper use of force.
    Last edited by GGw/edge; 05-07-2007, 12:25 PM.
    Reality is only a perception

LA certainly has our thoughts and prayers. It has come to my attention, that not only in LA are we seeing Police wrongly accused for doing their sworn jobs, but certainly are not getting the support they need to carry our their job. This is unfortunate and I'm seeing more and more of this through out LE accross the US. The criminal has the advantage in that he or she can draw attention to an abuse of authority and the citizens' word against the LE. If this trend continues, you will see more and more abuses by the criminal element because...the got away with it. And I don't like my tax dollars being wasted on those who question authority with authority, of which I call "over the top!"

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret Hood View Post
      LA certainly has our thoughts and prayers. It has come to my attention, that not only in LA are we seeing Police wrongly accused for doing their sworn jobs, but certainly are not getting the support they need to carry our their job. This is unfortunate and I'm seeing more and more of this through out LE accross the US. The criminal has the advantage in that he or she can draw attention to an abuse of authority and the citizens' word against the LE. If this trend continues, you will see more and more abuses by the criminal element because...the got away with it. And I don't like my tax dollars being wasted on those who question authority with authority, of which I call "over the top!"
      Atta girl, Margaret! Fact is, though, this is nothing new for LAPD. The only thing that changes is the Chief.

That's why I elected against LAPD when I grew up there - you can't win for losing - too politcal.

I am sure the guys appreciate your support, however.
      The All New
      BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
      Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
      - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret Hood View Post
        I agree Margaret-- nothing is better than having to answer to a complaint letter sent to a congressmen or senator. Especially when the complainer was a criminal foreigner or illegal alien!. I think our elected officials forget we are constituants! Worse part is we can not disclose the exact nature of the aliens case and our decision based on it because of their right to privacy. But the letter goes in our personel files even if we acted totally within the scope of the law. I do not understand why elected officials represent foreigners who do not have any legal status in the US. On the US tax payers time and $$.
        Reality is only a perception

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6318 users online. 319 members and 5999 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X