> And I'll find out if I can make you well."
    >
    > "You'll find Jesus there too. He lives there "
    >
    > The surgeon left.
    >
    > The surgeon sat in his office,
    > recording his notes from the surgery, "...damaged aorta, damaged
    > pulmonary vein, widespread muscle degeneration.
    > No hope for transplant, no hope for cure.
    > Therapy: pain killers and bed rest. Prognosis:, "
    > here he paused, "death within one year."
    >
    > He stopped the recorder, but there was
    > more to be said. "Why?" he asked aloud.
    > "Why did You do this? You've put
    > him here; You've put him in this pain; and
    > You've cursed him to an early death. Why?"
    >
    > The Lord answered and said, "The boy, My
    > lamb, was not meant for your flock for long, for he is a
    > part of My flock , and will forever be.
    > Here, in My flock, he will feel no
    > pain, and will be comforted as you cannot imagine.
    > His parents will one day join him here,
    > and they will know peace, and
    > My flock will continue to grow."
    >
    > The surgeon's tears were hot, but his
    > anger was hotter. "You created that
    > boy , and You created that heart. He'll
    > be dead in months. Why?"
    >
    > The Lord answered, "The boy, My lamb,
    > shall return to My flock, for He has Done his duty: I did not
    > put My lamb with your flock to lose him, but to
    > retrieve another lost lamb." YOU!
    >
    > The surgeon wept.. The surgeon sat
    > beside the boy's bed; the boy's
    > parents sat across from him. The boy awoke
    > and whispered , "Did you cut open my heart?"
    >
    > "Yes," said the surgeon.
    >
    > "What did you find?" asked the boy.
    >
    > "I found Jesus there," said the surgeon
    >
    > Author Unknown - Celebrate Jesus in 2007
    > If you aren't ashamed to do this,
    > please follow the directions
    > listed below:
    >
    > Jesus said, "If you are ashamed of me,
    > I will be ashamed of you before my Father.."
    >
    > I Am Not Ashamed. Pass this on only if you mean it.
    >
    > "Yes, I do Love God. He is my source of existence and
    > Savior. He keeps me functioning each and every day.
    >
    > Without Him, I will be nothing
    > Without him, I am nothing,
    > but with Him I can do all things
    > through Christ that strengthens me."
    > (Phil 4:13)
    >
    Last edited by Sgt. Geezer; 04-29-2007, 08:48 PM.
    Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
    Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Two thumbs up, Sgt. That's the good stuff right there. 'Nuff said
    He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
    -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
    -- Hemingway

Comment

First off Sgt. Geezer, let me say you're one of my two O.com heroes.

I know it has nothing to do with you, as you didn't write that, (I assume) but whenever I see those it seems to me like they mess up the Bible quote. I think this is the one they're trying to achieve:

Matthew 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Comment

That was great. Very good post!
        "You know, marriage is between a man and a woman, and I don't believe judges ought to come along and change that."

"I'm against gun control generally. You know, you check my record. You'll find I'm pretty consistent on that issue."

"The court [by overturning the D.C. gun ban] basically said the Constitution means what it says, and I agree with that."

Fred Thompson

Comment

Awesome...........God is awesome.
          "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowlege of the Holy One is understanding." (Prov 9:10)

Comment

And John 3:16 makes me shiver as well.
            "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
            Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

What about Buddha??

OOPS! Here I am in the holy roller forum again..Bye!!

However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?
              Buddha
              "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyirishman View Post

Your absence always makes the heart grow fonder.

Comment

!

Originally posted by grumpyirishman View Post

However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?
                  Buddha
                  "They will hate you for believing in me" (Jesus)

How many times has Buddha died, I lost track
                  "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowlege of the Holy One is understanding." (Prov 9:10)

Comment

I highly doubt grumpyirishman hates you John or any Christian for their beliefs.

Jesus was inaccurate in that quote. If there is anything people hate about Christians it is the parts of the religion that compel it's adherents to hurt other people.

About the story; I always see Christians using short stories to validate their faith a lot. Much like the religion itself, one must embrace fiction to be happy instead of enjoying life for what it is. I prefer being intellectually honest. Jesus does not exist. I know you will never be able to prove me wrong beyond thumping that bible as hard as you can and that simply isn't good enough. Circular logic will not win over rationally understanding this world's good and bad elements.

Now commence with the fire and brimstone preaching John as you did in other threads.
                    -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Great Story

" Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.".........John 14:6
                      Jubilant Patriotic Republican

America gave Obama the benefit of the doubt when they elected him. Obama is now giving America the doubt of the benefit of his governance......Change you can bereave in!..JPR

Comment

djack16, Jesus does exist. He lives in the county jail and is found by a majority of scumbags between conviction and sentencing!

Comment

Originally posted by djack16 View Post
                          I highly doubt grumpyirishman hates you John or any Christian for their beliefs.

Jesus was inaccurate in that quote. If there is anything people hate about Christians it is the parts of the religion that compel it's adherents to hurt other people.

About the story; I always see Christians using short stories to validate their faith a lot. Much like the religion itself, one must embrace fiction to be happy instead of enjoying life for what it is. I prefer being intellectually honest. Jesus does not exist. I know you will never be able to prove me wrong beyond thumping that bible as hard as you can and that simply isn't good enough. Circular logic will not win over rationally understanding this world's good and bad elements.

Now commence with the fire and brimstone preaching John as you did in other threads.
                          I apologize if it felt like fire and brimstone, but be aware. The only sin God does not forgive is the denial of the holy one (Jesus)

I don't preach religion, I preach a relationship with God. He said I will return for my church not religion. Religion is man made. Jesus loves you and that's all I preach.

"proffesing to be wise they became fools".

Comment

I find it intriguing that people who obviously reject Christianity nevertheless feel compelled to enter a thread like this and voice their criticism(djack16) and their sarcasm(Retired Chief.)...... I wonder if something is gnawing at them deep inside?......
                            Last edited by JPR; 05-10-2007, 06:43 PM.
                            Jubilant Patriotic Republican

America gave Obama the benefit of the doubt when they elected him. Obama is now giving America the doubt of the benefit of his governance......Change you can bereave in!..JPR

Comment

djack16: Why do have to enter a thread and spread your filth about religion, in what is quite obviously a Christian thread?

Jesus does not exist. I know you will never be able to prove me wrong beyond thumping that bible as hard as you can and that simply isn't good enough.
                              Feel free to inform as to what evidence you have that Jesus does not exist. Exactly, you don't have any evidence either. It all comes down to faith, and without faith the world would be a horrible place.

Those parts are in the Old Testament, which do not apply now since the death of Christ. Other religions, such as Islam, are far more violent than anything within Christianity.

By the way, John has the right to preach whatever he wants, just as you have the right to spread your liberal and sac-religious nonsense.
                              Last edited by centralTMC; 05-13-2007, 04:33 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6082 users online. 328 members and 5754 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X